We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Night out in Falaraki

Caernarfon
Level Contributor
6 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
Night out in Falaraki

Hi there, I'm gping to Pefkos in 3 weeks time and I'm really looking forward thanks to all of your useful posts!

Me and my boyfriend are 26 and mostly enjoy going for a meal and drinks in the evenings on holiday. However, seeing as we're so close to Falaraki we thought it would be a laugh to go there one night for a clubbing session- whilst we're still young enough :-)

Is this possible? It it easy to get a taxy back from Falaraki to Pefkos in the early hours? How much should we expect to pay? Also, is it worth it to wait for the first bus of the day to get back? What time do buses start? This is the last resort as I would much rather get back to my hotel!

We're staying at the Zaikis. I emailed the other day to check what view we have and they said mountain. It didn't specify when I booked through Travel Republic.I have requested for them to change it to sea view and they said they'd see what they could do. I'll keep my fingers crossed then!

Thanks again for all of the previous posts that have been a fountain of knowledge!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Night out in Falaraki

Hi there

We stayed at the Ziakis last September and also requested a seaview room, both with the tour operator and by emailing Ziakis about a month before we went, and we still ended up with a mountain view which if like us, will put you in Block two. The views are still pretty good though, the only downside is that block two forms thesecond side of an open ended courtyard and everyone on the two adjacent blocks can see straight onto your balcony and into your room.

There are plenty of buses from Pefos to Faliraki, any Rhodes Town bound bus goes along the main road to the west of the resort. Assuming you won't want to set off for Faliraki too much before 5pm, there are buses at 1655, 1745, 1850 and 1940. Last buses back look to be quite early, at 2115-ish although this is the winter timetable so there may well be later buses once the summer times are released. I doubt though that there would be any buses back much after 2230 so again, assuming you will be clubbing well into the early hours, a taxi back is the only option.

First bus back in the morning is at 0615, this is departure time from Rhodes Town so it would be about 20 mins to Faliraki from there.

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,492 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Night out in Falaraki

Whilst we're still young enough? You should see some of the old codgers partying in Faliraki ;D

Plenty of taxis available but I bet you're talking around 45-50€. If it's just the two of you why not book a room and take the bus back the next day? Have a look at Lo Cost, Travel Republic, etc or one of the price comparison sites. Last time I stayed in Faliraki we managed to get an apartment for 4, nice little complex with pool (Lyristis) for £11!

That way you can take your stuff with you, get ready there, have dinner and really make a night of it. Then next day maybe a nice beachside breakfast at Chaplin's, followed by a few hours sunning yourself on Faliraki beach before catching the bus back.

Caernarfon
Level Contributor
6 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Night out in Falaraki

Hmmm, perhaps I'll have to settle for the mountain view then! Worth a try tho... Thanks for the ideas regarding bus times GB.

I hadn't thought about booking a room in Falaraki- what a good idea! I'll get on to that! It would be a lot more comfortable :-)

Cheers both!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Night out in Falaraki

You're welcome nicli, whatever you do, have a great time, and the Ziakis apartments are good, with a superb pool, aircon is €55 per week and the safety boxes are €10 per week.

Caernarfon
Level Contributor
6 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Night out in Falaraki

I forgot to say this last summer, but my request for the sea view worked! :-)

And booking the room in Faliraki was the worst mistake ever!!! It was awful!

6. Re: Night out in Falaraki

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations