We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tap water and Toilet

london
Level Contributor
226 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Tap water and Toilet

Is the tap water in Pefkos drinkable? Also what is the draining system like as I know some places you cannot flush paper down the loo, is this the case in Pefkos?

Staying at Pefki Islands Resort.

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tap water and Toilet

The tap water is drinkable

I am sitting here drinking an orange slush puppy I made earlier using ice & water from the tap

Toilet paper goes in a bin by the loo

We use scented nappy bags in the bin

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Tap water and Toilet

Hey! This is the first of the ''Toilet Topics'' I've seen this year - must be a record. I hope this won't start a DELUGE now......!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,487 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tap water and Toilet

Not so sure I like the fact that these questions are together lol

Tap water is perfectly drinkable and safe, although of course there are the usual comments about high mineral content etc. causing problems to those of a delicate disposition.

6 x 1.5 l packs of bottled water are available everywhere; as stated above, I didn't buy any, but I would expect them to be about €2.50 or maybe less. There is a supermarket on the way down to the beach, and there may be even be one in P I R.

The toilet paper thing is nationwide, so no you can't flush it down the loo. I believe a few very upmarket hotels have their own in-house system, but you should assume that everywhere in Pefkos will be the same.

Yorkshire Dales
Level Contributor
5,856 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tap water and Toilet

As far as tap water is concerned,,,,,,YES it is drinkable BUT you may find it gentler on your stomach to drink bottled water.

Trevor has been there long enough to get used to it but as you are probably only there for a couple of weeks or so, the change could upset your tummy and bottled may be easier to 'stomach' LOL!!!.

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tap water and Toilet

Hi there. We always drink the tap water, but if I can drink raki then perhaps I can drink anything lol. We always buy a large bottle of water, drink that then fill it up with tap water, put it in the freezer. Next morning it's just ready for the beach, by the time you get there (in the heat), just starting to melt. Lovely.

Denise.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,487 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tap water and Toilet

...even better you can get a small coke bottle, do the same and use it to cool your beer in a coolbag, then drink the iced water when the beer's gone... (or so i've heard!)

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tap water and Toilet

steve

Drinking beer in the heat is a bad idea as it causes dehydration

Athens, Greece
Level Contributor
1,412 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Tap water and Toilet

Oh dear, Trevor - you could be getting some hostile messages about that, judging from the number of posts asking about the price of beer in Greece!

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tap water and Toilet

Nothing wrong with drinking beer.Just not in the heat of the day. Save for the evenings

Notts, England
Level Contributor
35 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tap water and Toilet

Or drink one or two and lots of water and be a bit sensible?

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations