We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st time to Pefkos

Dundee, United...
8 posts
Save Topic
1st time to Pefkos

We are going to Pefkos for the first time ever this year - how much should we budget per day for eating out - breakfast, lunchtime snack and dinner?

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st time to Pefkos

Hi Poppy, it's our first time too and really looking forward to it. I had the same worry and after asking for advice on here, I'm reassured that our budget of 150 per day for a family of four will be sufficient. One member also commented that we may even be coming home with money!

We like to eat out most evenings and then have a few cocktails. We also like to have the odd breakfast and a light lunch as well as venturing on a few trips. We are staying in SC accomodation so breakfast will probably be had on the balcony on most days.

When do you go? I'll be able to provide you with more info next week while we are there!

Becky

Edited: 02 August 2012, 10:15
Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1st time to Pefkos

Your € 150 will not really allow for trips.Take for example the glass bottom boat to Lindos is € 18 return per person. Thats almost half your budget

Other trips are more expensive

Even using the public bus to Rhodes town will cost € 11 return per person

Blackburn, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1st time to Pefkos

The days we will be going on trips, we not be eating out in the evening, and we have seperate car hire money. Maybe I should have been more clear

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
60 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1st time to Pefkos

We have just returned from Pefkos as a family of 3 and budgeted for 130 euros per day - we returned home with 490 euros!!!! We ate out every night and went on the glass bottom boat twice and my 14 yr old daughter always had adult meals - hope this helps

Dundee, United...
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: 1st time to Pefkos

We are due to arrive on 26th of September. Hope you have a great holiday and look forward to hearing how you get on.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1st time to Pefkos

Hi there

It's swings and roundabouts - if you budget for €150 per day, there will be some days when you spend more, and days when you spend less. I doubt you'd be taking trips each day. We work on €100 per day and for that, we hire a car for a few days, eat out every night, or most nights, have a few drinks every evening, pay taxi and bus fares, sunbed hire and all the other incidentals.

We always spend a bit more on the first couple of days, buying some food and booze for the fridge and so on. We usually just nip to the local bakery for breakfast and on a couple of occasions each trip, we have a balcony picnic, we buy fruit, olives, salami, cheese and the largest bottle of local wine we can find, sit on the balcony, watch the sun go down, and when all the wine's gone, it isn't far to bed.

Leeds, United...
Level Contributor
250 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1st time to Pefkos

Hi Poppy, we're going 26th September as well. We went about 10 years ago and always said we would like to go back, just never managed it before this, so many places to see, I'm sure you will enjoy Pefkos.

8. Re: 1st time to Pefkos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 22:18
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos