We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pefkos cost 2013

Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Pefkos cost 2013

Hi,

I am going to Pefkos end of August for 14 days with my partner, can anyone give an idea of how much food, drink etc is ??

My partner is worrying about the amount of spending money we will require as we are staying self catering.

I would like to take in the sights and heard the glass bottom boat s a must, i'd just hate to go and run short of spends.

Any advice would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pefkos cost 2013

Hi there

Two course meal for two, with a litre of house wine from €25, more if you want fresh fish. Lots of places now offering three courses for €8 or so but at those prices, something's got to give and it can only be the food. A large beer ( 500ml) from €2,50, large glass of wine from €2, spirits same price as here but you get loads more in Pefkos, usually just slopped straight out of the bottle.

Most places will have their menus and tariffs on show outside so have a look, and you can decide whether or not to go in. The large place ( Roumeli Number 4) at the bottom of the hill is awful, this is also one of the three courses for €8 eateries and they employ touts to get you in, if the food was any good they'd all be out of a job.

Having said, that many of the restaurants have pleasant maitre d's who will simply bid you "good evening" as you stroll by and will not try to get you to sit down.

We all have our favourite restaurants in Pefkos, try Geroge's, Philosophia, Anixis and Dama Dama, they are four of ours but I'm sure you will get many more suggestions.

Bus fares, €5,50 each way to Rhodes Town, organised trips to neighbouring islands and places of interest on Rhodes from €20 per person, book via local excursion agencies, not through hotel or tour operator reps as they will be up to 20% dearer by the time they've added on their commission.

lancs england
Level Contributor
349 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pefkos cost 2013

We tend to budget £100 a day, ie 12 to 14 hundred pounds, depending on how many things you want to do, trips car hire ect.there are cheap restaurants as well as dearer ones, also how much you drink beer or cocktails , if you eat out at morning dinner or night. I'd say we are fairly average for a couple and have never run out of money. Hope this helps, by the way Pefkos is addictive you have nade a good choice.

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pefkos cost 2013

Hi there. As GB and Lenny have said it varies on what you want to do. If you want to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner out it will can quite expensive. We always eat breakfast in our apartment, ie cereal or toast. Lunch consists of Greek salad or a baguette which is made up for you which we take to the beach. We always go out for dinner. Sometimes a starter, main meal, beer and a litre of house wine. Yes, the cheap three course places aren't that good. We always buy booze for the apartment as well. A nice little drink on the balcony before heading off for the evening. Lovely. We also normally hire a car for a couple of days. This will be our third year in a row in Rhodes. First time Pefkos which we loved. Last year Lindos, as our son got married at St.Pauls Bay. This year, Lindos again. It's a little bit more expensive for meals and some of the drinks are too. It just depends on what you like. We went on an organised trip to Rhodes Town last year which was €16 each. We went on the glass bottomed boat trip from Pefkos to Lindos (return) when we were staying in Pefkos and it's absolutely great. €36 for two. In the two years we've been, always catered for £100 a day and always come back with money, doing everything we've wanted to do and that's including bringing some alcohol back with us. Honestly, we're not alcoholics lol. Btw, the tavernas we like in Pefkos are Spitaki, Anixis and Nikolas. Hope this helps. Where are you staying?

Denise :0)

Hi Lenny. How's you? See you September!!

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pefkos cost 2013

That €16 for a excursion to Rhodes Town was good value for money Doris considering the return bus fare is €11 or so.

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pefkos cost 2013

I guess it really depends on what you class as self catering! Everyone is different and some people like to eat breakfast, lunch, dinner and sometimes a snack or two in between (yes that includes myself), however, others might skip breakfast, maybe have a light lunch and a small dinner.

If like me, you enjoy your food and eating out, then £100 a day (for 2) would be more than enough for your stay, that would also include cash for drinks, ice creams, cakes & snacks etc ;-)

It's also worthwhile having a credit card or two on standby, just incase!

Edited: 24 January 2013, 11:58
Leeds
Level Contributor
183 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pefkos cost 2013

We took 2000 euros for a real splash out holiday. Even though we ate out twice a day, drank like fish and spent a day in Rhodes Town (by taxi) we only spent 1600 euros.

lancs england
Level Contributor
349 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pefkos cost 2013

Not to good Doris, have man flu , the worst kind, missing the sun and Pefkos ,and of course both of you, September seems so far away.Celia sends her love also.

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pefkos cost 2013

GB. Yes we thought it was good value for money as well but didn't enjoy it as much as the last time we went, which was in the daytime in our hire car. Love the harbour. The thing we didn't like was that nearly all of the tavernas in the square were all competing with each other to see who they could entice in. It was a nightmare. We never encountered this at all before. Of course, we weren't having any of it, and yes, the worst one was with the parrots!! In the end we had a lovely meal in a side street at Pythagoras. We looked at the menu but were left alone to browse. It marred the evening a little bit and we felt a bit rushed knowing you have to catch the coach back at a certain time. Hiring a car again this year.

Lenny. Get well soon. Never mind, September will be here before we know it with plenty of sun hopefully. Love to you both. Denise and Pete.

Sorry to go off topic slightly!!

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
10,696 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pefkos cost 2013

Hope you didn't end up with litres of beer in a glass boot...

10. Re: Pefkos cost 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2014, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos