We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

Hi. We're keen to hear your thoughts on whether we should go all inclusive to Greece or Turkey or to a self catering place in Pefkos. Gt two kids, 9 and 6. Is there enough to do in Pefkos? Good enough place to eat? Thoughts welcome please.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

Hey

Pefkos is perfect for a s/c holiday with 2 kids. It is family orientated, great beaches, good range of accommodation, hot reliable climate, chilled location, many fantastic restaurants offering wide ranging menus, pool bars, chilled n lively bars, some with live music, mini markets, atm's, bus route to Lindos n Rhodes Town, car hire, cheap reliable excursions available.

Cant fault Pefkos for a family holiday.

If u need more specific advice, let us know

Mart

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

Hey

I forgot to add, I for one would never recommend AI over SC on Rhodes as there are too many quality restaurants n bars. Plus AI in general terms is not done v well on Rhodes n elsewhere in Greece. You would miss out on so much if u chose AI. Only in my humble opinion.

M

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

Hi there. Totally agree with Mart. Pefkos is lovely for a family holiday. No, AI not done well in Greece. Each to their own though. Some bars and tavernas have playgrounds for the children, Jasmine bar comes to mind. There are lots of lovely places to eat.

Denise.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,342 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

I agree too. There are lots of good quality eating places in Pefkos, far better than the quality of food you are likely to get in an AI hotel.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

Thanks Mart. Really appreciate you going into such depth with your reply. You've sold us! Cheers

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

And thanks too of course to Doris and Steve! It sounds a great place. Cheers all!

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,496 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

Hey dude

No worriea, I tell it like it is, I am a Lindos diehard with a big soft spot for Pefki. If u need any specifics on accommodation etc etc let us all know. The likes of GB, Steve, Denise and many more Pefki experts will b able to help u.

M

M

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
11,342 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

Have a great time!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
483 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

Just to add to what others have said...definitely SC in Pefkos. The food in the restaurants is our main reason for returning this year. A wonderful welcome in most and fantastic fresh food, even my children (11 and 8) ate far better than they do normally on holiday. If you haven't already checked the restaurant reviews then take a look, you'll see most of them are very highly rated.

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
67 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: All inclusive or self catering in Pefkos

never a/i in pefkos too many great places to eat , and you get to meet so many nice people in the resort

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos