We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Hire

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
359 posts
80 reviews
Save Topic
Car Hire

Hi,

As we have booked everything ourselves this year for the 1st time we are thinking of hiring a car to deal with the transfers to get us to Pefkos. I have emailed Pefkosmare was GAM, Georges & Zeus. Does anyone have an email for Marathan so I can get a few prices. George's can't help us as what we want is to pick a car up on Wed at the airport & then hand it back in resort on the Friday night. We then want the car again at the end of the holiday picking up Monday morning & leaving at the airport on Wednesday lunchtime. So in effect I suppose it's classed as 2 lots of 3 days. So in summary Georges can't help, i've had no response from Zeus as yet & Pefkosmare have been very helpful & given us a price of E140 for a Polo or similar or E200 for a Jimny jeep. I think thes sound reasonable for Sept but having never hired before we are unsure. As I said Pefkosmare have been great in getting back to us, has anyone dealt with them before, are they ok?

Many Thanks

Fawny

Afandou, Greece
Level Contributor
6,833 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Hire

from their web site e mail

info@marathonrentacar.gr

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Hire

Hi there

A vote of confidence for Marathon, we use them whenever we stay in Pefkos, always friendly to deal with, decent cars and good rates.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
359 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Hire

Thank you Trevor for the email & found their webpage now. Thanks GB have received a price from them now. Good to hear that you have found them good, having never hired a car abroad it's a bit daunting to make sure you get what you need.

Cheers Fawny

Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Car Hire

Fawny, I can't speak for the others as we've never hired from them, but Marathon have several depots around the island and can usually find the car you want, even if it means bringing one across from another depot.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
3,447 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Car Hire

I don't know if this is relevant to you, but if you haven't hired a car abroad before I strongly recommend contacting insurance4carhire.com, we use them every year, for £49 you get a year's excess cover so you don't have to buy the extortionate extra insurance when you pick up the car. We had to make a claim after a scrape in Spain and it all went through like clockwork, just make sure you get a copy of the accident report asap.

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe
Devizes, United...
Level Contributor
40,216 posts
338 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Car Hire

OK, that's good advice, but I'd like to stress that the prices you see at Marathon are the prices you pay and are all inclusive of all insurance covers. There are no "extortionate" extras to pay for.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
359 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Car Hire

Thanks All

York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
262 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Car Hire

GAM are excellent been visiting for years and used several mentioned and GAM are by far the best, reasonable rates and very accomodating, they usually respond quickly to e-mail requests and am using them again this year.

9. Re: Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 February 2013, 16:38
10. Re: Car Hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 09 February 2013, 16:38
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations