We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel Republic Bookings?

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Travel Republic Bookings?

Hi has anyone had trouble with double bookings ?

I have made a booking for the Coralli through Travel Republic and have since heard lots of bad reviews relating to being over booked in various hotels any comments would be appreciated.

Thanks

Bakewell, United...
Level Contributor
539 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel Republic Bookings?

Michelle

Unless I am just lucky...I have used Travel Republic maybe 6 or 7 times and never had any problems whatsoever. Call the Hotel for confirmation of your booking would be my advice if in any doubt.

Hope everything goes well for you

Derby, UK
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
7,720 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel Republic Bookings?

Overbooking is not down to any particular agent. Most large hotels overbook, keeping to capacity on the assumption they'll get some cancellations. If everyone turns up, that's when people start getting bumped to other hotels.

Coralli is a small, family run unit and as such, I wouldn't expect a policy of overbooking. Perhaps Daiboy or Fugeeblues can reassure you, I know they're regulars at Coralli.

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel Republic Bookings?

Hey

As far as I know Tsambika at the Coralli doesnt have a policy of overbooking as its a small family run concern. However, there is always an outside chance that any property can be overbooked on occasion. This has happened once or twice at the Coralli as far as I know but it is not a significant issue. Coralli uses various agents, TravelRepublic, Olympic Holidays, Beat The Brochure, Travel Soon, Alpharooms etc and you are no more at risk of being overbooked, just because you book with TR. Knowing Tsambika as I do, she would move heaven and earth to help you if something untowards happened. No point in worrying

Mart

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel Republic Bookings?

Thanks everybody that has really put my mind at rest! arriving just me and three almost adults its good to know we will be looked after, I have heard soo many good things about the Coralli and staff i'm glad i made the decision :)

Thanks again

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,498 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel Republic Bookings?

Hey

Michelle, I know its a bit of a cliche, but in the Coralli's case, Tsambika and her staff treat everyone as they would do their own family. Its a unique mix of fun, chat, respect and professional service. A lot of hotels could learn from it. So much so I am sending my folks over there in May whilst I dogsit for them. There is a very good chance I will roll up there from 2 June till, well, anyones guess!! Have a great time.

Mart

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,826 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel Republic Bookings?

Hi. As Mart says the Coralli is super amd Tsambika and staff will certainly look after you

When I was there last October there was a slight problem with bookings but Tsambika sorted it out. Doubt you'll be able to get hold of her until they reopen on 1 April.

Cheers

Dave

Margate, United...
Level Contributor
48 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel Republic Bookings?

Thanks Mart & Dave,

It's nice to get the opinions of people who actually know the owners and staff. :)

Off on the 23rd July for two weeks i'm a Rhodes/Pefkos Newbie !!! Can't Wait

Thanks again everyone

Warrington, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel Republic Bookings?

Hi, we stay at The Coralli every time we go. I've not used Travel Republic for Greece but have for Turkey and had no problems. I'm sure everything will be fine and Tsambika and staff will take great care of you all!

Have a great holiday!

A M
Reading, United...
Level Contributor
43 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel Republic Bookings?

Hi,

Be very careful when booking with online travel agents. They use other agents like Somewhere2stay/Cosmos etc. as the booking agents so if something goes wrong, like a double booking, then they wash their hands of it. We booked a 5* hotel last year but the hotel had double booked so we had to be downgraded. Trying to get compensated at present. Travel Republic have a flight + hotel box so you assume it is a package. IT IS NOT. Read the small print VERY carefully if I were you.

10. Re: Travel Republic Bookings?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 February 2015, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos