We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free

manchester
Level Contributor
33 posts
66 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten free

Hi can any one give me any advice or tips please we are coming to Pefkos in sept and my sons girlfriend is extremely gluten intolerant to the point that she has to carry a epi pen with her, I am a little nervous about eating out whilst there although I know that Greek food is probably ideal as grilled fish, and meat with salad are commonplace and on every menu but I am worried about cross contamination as bread is also served with every meal, any help please adice or tips would be great

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,427 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free

Hey

A difficult.one and I sympathise with the predicament. There are some fantastic restaurants in Pefkos where owners/chefs will talk to you and agree specific requirements. Coralli is one as is Philosphia n Spitaki and probably many others. However, whilst care can be taken in terms of bread not being served with meals etc, I dont think u will ever guarantee that chefs/staff can avoid cross contamination in kitchens etc whilst preparation takes place. They will do their best but it is unfair to expect them to guarantee this. Just talk to them in advance and decide for yourself what or where is best for yr family.

Mart

Edited: 30 March 2014, 20:02
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,791 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free

Hi.

I was told 3 years ago that I have a gluton problem. I holiday in lindos 3-4 times a year. I tend to use the same restaurants and stick to meat/fish with veg or salads. I also take a couple of small gluton free loafs of bread with me in case of munches after a cider or two. Have not had to much of a problem. You know the do's and dont's. Try to stick to you diet you have back home and you should be fine. Just make sure when you order meat/fish that they don't put any sauce's on it.

3. Re: Gluten free

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations