We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Bristol
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

My husband and I are travelling to Pefkos, Rodes for the first time at the end of may and would appreciate any advice about where to eat, places to visit, where to shop etc. My husband has limited mobilty due to a knee injury so walking is okay but not long distances.

Also, any advice on tipping workers, car hire and sunbed charges.

Many thanks,

Mandy

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Hey

Welcome to the forum. Great time of year to visit. Weather more or less settled for the season n 30 plus by that time n getting hotter. Long days as well. Everywhere is open but not too manic or crowded, but hey its Pefkos, it never is. Pools still a little chilly n sea warmer. Where are u staying in terms of hotel/villa? 5 lovely beaches all offering something different. Sunbeds 4E each n parasol free. Loads of pool bars u can visit for free as long as u buy a drink/snack as well as well as other hotel pools. Plenty of mini markets for yr self catering shop. If in a villa there are supermarkets at Kiotari n on the main coast road before Lindos at the Lardos turn off. Loads of lovely restaurants, recommended ones include Spitaki, Coralli, Kavos Mare, Nikolas n Philosophia. But there are loads of good ones. Good bars include Rock Garden, Caprice, Jasmine, Harmony, Peacocks Cocktail Bar plus many more. Taxis n bus stops handy to get into Lindos. Other great beaches at Lindos, Glystra, Agathi n Tsambika, but a hire car is useful for the latter two.

Enjoy, I am there from 2 June till 19th but have until the 30th of June booked off in work so I feel an extension coming on ;-)

Mart

Edited: 01 May 2014, 17:15
Bristol
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Thank you for all the good advice. We will definitely check out the places you mention. We are staying at Martina Apartments on recommendation by a family member. Rhodes looks beautiful from what I can see from photos so fingers crossed we will love it and this will be the first visit of many.

I hope you have a fab holiday. Almost a month off work, you lucky thing ;o)

Mandy

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Hey

No worries, a highly recommended hotel n a 1/2 min walk down to Lee (main) beach. Lee beach bar is a great place to watch the beach wake up and for a sundowner. Flyers Bar just over the way from the Matina also fits the bill. Kyma situated above Lee beach bar is a lovely romantic restaurant with great views. These are all v close to yr hotel. Also nearby is the Sea View restaurant, simple, cheap, great food. You are a 10 min stroll away slightly uphill from the main strip.

Have a great time n others will be along with useful info about allsorts including trips, car hire, other rest/bars.

May see ya out there ya never know

M

Wirral
Level Contributor
6,424 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Hey

Forgot to mention, now I know u r staying at the Matina, its a long uphill walk n over to Nikolas n Kavos Mare. Coralli though is a flat walk out of Pefkos, prob a 30 min walk from yr hotel. A taxi would whizz u down for 5/6 E n it is so worth it.

Sorry, I will butt out now ;-)

M

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Hi there Mandy. Marts' said it all really. Matina is in a great position. Love Flyers bar. We've had a few Greek salads there and a few drinks as well. The view is great. Another couple of tavernas to mention are Anixis and Terpsis. Try and do the glass bottomed boat trip to Lindos. We loved it. Hope this helps.

Denise.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
788 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Have you got transfers booked. If not book a car for a week and pick up from airport nearly same price as transfers

Exeter, United...
Level Contributor
132 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Hi,It was our first time to pefkos last year and didnt know what quite to expect but had a fantastic holiday a great place to relax but also with something going on. One of our favourite restaurants was Nostalgia which is just up the road from you had some fantastic meals in there and not to expensive also for a lovely breakfast head a few minutes walk down the road from you to lee beach bar. A lovely way to start the day!

Doha, Qatar
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Hi all, I'll be heading to island blue in June and it's my first time too, so following this. Any idea on how expensive everything is? I.e. Eating out? I'm trying to figure out how much spending money we should bring .

south wales
Level Contributor
11 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Hi I'm going to pefkos in June staying at the stella apartments? Have I made a good choice ? All the food in restaurants sounds great, how much is a pint of lager/beer? Any advice greatly welcomed.

Thanks Emma

Bristol
Level Contributor
7 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: First time to Rhodes - any advice welcome!

Thanks for your advice Denise, we are self catering so we will definitely check out the restaurants you have recommended and we are really looking forwrad to a boat trip or two ;o)

Get answers to your questions about Pefkos