We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time to Pefkos!!

Dublin
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
First time to Pefkos!!

Hi,

Its our first time to go to Pefkos staying in Pefkos Beach hotel in superior studio room start of June for a week. Just a few questions

Any must do's on our first trip here?

Do the pubs/restaurants stay open for late drinks?

Anything else anyone recommends doing or advice for first time visitor also welcome!!

Cheers,

Rob

Wales
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time to Pefkos!!

Well, I'be only been to Pefkos for a meal whilst staying in Lindos....Coralli's which was very good! But for you staying in Pefkos, a trip into Lindos, day or evening would be lovely!

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time to Pefkos!!

Hi.

In Pefkos at the moment and it's nice with quite a few people about. Everybody has there own way of enjoying themselves so there are no real do's and don't as long as you don 't go OTT and shame us Brits as they always make meal of that!

Most of the restsuraunts serve until about 2300 and the bars tend to stay open as long as there are people drinking. For a nice quiet drink and a lunchtime snack try Caprice Bar on the main street. Also Palm Cockrail Bar which is really comfortable and reasonably priced. For a good night try Fuze Bar with Peter behind the bar. Food wise Nostalgia is quite good but try Coralli especially with their new fine dining area. I'm staying there now and it's super.

For any trips check Lindos Travel next to Caprice Bar whi have a wide range of ttips cheaper than the tour operators.

Cheers

Dave

Jarrow
Level Contributor
1,551 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time to Pefkos!!

Palm cockrail bar Dave... sounds like some sort of weird fetish establishment if you ask me ;-)

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: First time to Pefkos!!

Really nice place Andy but may be a bit upmarket for you. Cheeseburger, chips and a large Mythos for 8.50€ ain't bad. Nice and comfortabls with a pool if you want. Part of the Pefkos Resort complex. Nostalgia restaurant is nice with decent food. I've not really changed my alliegence from Li ndos as been in the last 2 days but it's a cost factor!

Apologies to the OP for going off tack a bit!

Cheers

Dave

Dublin
Level Contributor
25 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First time to Pefkos!!

Thanks for all the replies will try check out most of the bars and restaurants mentioned plus will take a trip to lindos. I was reading there is a boat from Pefkos to Lindos so might do that one of the days.

Rob

Semington, United...
Destination Expert
for Lindos
Level Contributor
2,815 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First time to Pefkos!!

Hi Rob.

You can book the boat trip to Lindos at Lindos Travel next to Caprice Bar in Pefkos. They do a few options.

Cheers

Dave

Level Contributor
105 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: First time to Pefkos!!

We got back from pefkos on Sunday morning.

Our holiday will probably be different to yours but we had a fantastic time.

Highly recommend the glass bottom boat to lindos , we got a taxi back .

Some lovely resturants enigma was great bit our favourite was 2 brothers! Great mixed grill for 2!!

Stu

Glasgow
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: First time to Pefkos!!

There's a restraunt at the left hand side at the top of beach road which does 3 course meals for 8.90 - not including drinks

The Oasis Bar is for me the best bar. With a lively barman Kostas, who could talk for Greece, and with quizzes everynight. There is also a well looked after pool - this bar is just up from the beach, across from the matina.

last I would suggest the glass bottom boat. Its no more than 15 euros for a round trip.

oldbury, west...
Level Contributor
1,804 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: First time to Pefkos!!

Hi there. The glass bottomed boat trip is great. The captain's really amusing. The cost is €14 one way or €20 return. Half price for children under 12. Well worth it imo. Dave's already mentioned Coralli which is lovely. Spitaki, Terpsis and Nikolas are a few others. Have a look on www.pefkosexclusive.co.uk It shows you most of the tavernas and bars. Hope this helps.

Denise :0)

10. Re: First time to Pefkos!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 05:22
Get answers to your questions about Pefkos
Recent Conversations