We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair Straitners

essex
Level Contributor
23 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Hair Straitners

Could anyone advise whether my GHD hair Straitners will work in Barbados. I have a world wide adaptor.

Many Thanks

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hair Straitners

Had no idea what these things were until reading TA ;-)

Read some of these previous discussions and you'll find out more than you ever thought possible about hair thingies...

http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?scope=2&ff=230&geo=147262&q=ghd&sub-search.x=0&sub-search.y=0&sub-search=Click+to+search+forums&returnTo=__2F__

Edited: 09 March 2011, 16:27
Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hair Straitners

Sorry, TA keeps corrupting a link to their own site :-(

Just put "GHD" in the search box above and you'll get tons of answers.

Edited: 09 March 2011, 16:30
Hereford, United...
Level Contributor
88 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hair Straitners

Hi there,

Most GHD's will work abroad, there is a little 2 pin plug inside the UK one that you have to release.

You need to undo the little screw in the middle of the 3 pin UK plug with a posi screw driver. Check to see if yours has the 2 pin plug inside.

I did that with mine recently in Barbados.

HTH

Coco x

Newcastle
Level Contributor
444 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hair Straitners

I recently spent a week in Norway with lovely curly hair, my GHDs and no adaptor. THEN my husband decided to show me the 2 pin adaptor inside the plug!! Have to say I took my straighteners to Barbados last year and didn't use them once - the heat put paid to that & I had to live with the curls! Good luck & have a fab holiday. 148 days and counting....

Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hair Straitners

Its more to do with voltage than the adapter. There is a two pin in the socket but i cant remember if it the round 2 pin or the flat 2 pin.

The voltage is not a problem if you have the newer model of GHD as they have a universal voltage feature. If they are older (like mine) then they run slower and cooler and therefore I have stopped taking mine!

derby
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hair Straitners

Mine have the 2 pin plug but despite trying that they wouldnt even come on let alone heat mildly. Im currently searching for a make which will as i cant live without them it killed me last time. Maybe the newer version works, mine are 3/4 years old

xxx

derby
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Hair Straitners

you will need a voltage converter to convert from 110v to 240v and any good electrical shop will do them ie maplins etc

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hair Straitners

It won't heat properly without a big cumbersome converter. By the time you purchase that and lug it around you may as well have invested in a new 110V version or the universal version. Just using a plug adaptor won't help.

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hair Straitners

If you get the new gold series GHDs they will work fine in Barbados. Their voltage is rated at 110 to 220 volts. You just need an adaptor, two pins.

I just bought mine for my upcoming trip to Barbados.

ske
SUSSEX
Level Contributor
992 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hair Straitners

As above, my old Ghds would not work without convertor but newer ones are fine as they are multi voltage.

However, due to humidity, rarely used!!!

Get answers to your questions about Hastings