We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite excursion

Which Hastings hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
515 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite excursion

Looking to find an excursion that includes both a trip around the entire island, land or sea. Incl. a swim/ viewing of sea turtles & monkey's:))). Are monkey's found all over the island or only in sanctuaries?

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,447 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite excursion

From what we have witnessed monkeys are found everywhere also we did the Adventureland 4x4 lunch tour but doesn't include a swim

Taunton...
Level Contributor
828 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite excursion

rent a car and do it yourself we've been 2x and loved it.. very easy to do

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite excursion

I haven't been yet, but my daughter and I leave April 26/13. I have looked into exactly that and found "Best of Barbados" tour. It takes most of the day but goes to a lot of different places and a lot of the review say you swim with the turtles. check out this web site. Again, haven't been yet so if anyone has some input I would appreciate hearing it as well.

viator.com/tours/…d30-3743BEST

Tour of the east and west coasts of Barbados

Explore Harrison's Cave and the Wildlife Reserve

Visit Paynes Bay and relax on the white-sand beach and enjoy a boat ride

Breathtaking island and coastal views from both sides of the island

Complimentary pickup and drop off from most Barbados hotels

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite excursion

Another link to some info on this tour.

lonelyplanet.com/barbados/…best-barbados-tour

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite excursion

Island Safari has an islabd tour and swimming with the turtles tour (at least they used to, I'm assuming they still do but I can't get the mobile version of their site to work correctly to double check for you). Have a look at www.islandsafari.bb and I think it's called Land and Sea tour. You'd possibly see monkeys during the tour though there's no stop, as far as I know, at the Wildlife Reserve.

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,516 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite excursion

Saw a large troop of monkeys round Harrison's Cave area in November . Also seen them early morning in the grounds at Divi Southwinds which is in the Gap , not far from Casuarina where KM530 is staying .

Bridgetown, Barbados
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite excursion

I'm sitting on my patio at Payne's Bay as I write this, watching a whole family of monkeys out for an afternoon outing! They are really interesting... and amazingly unfearful of humans.

If you decide to rent a car, either bring your own Garmin sat nav and download the free Barbados map, "BajanNav", from www.BajanNav.com, or rent a Garmin with BajanNav along with your car. It makes life much easier - and it has all the places you need pre-marked on the map.

Have a good time!

Regards, John

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
53 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite excursion

KM530, I'd love to hear what you think about this tour after your trip--we are going in June! :)

Belleville, Canada
Level Contributor
51 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite excursion

I hope to do it but have heard no feedback. Still looks great though. My daughter is all about the turtles but really wants to see the caves. Good way to do it. I am not into renting a car and driving myself. I will definitely do a report when we come back. I have never used Trip Advisor before this but have found it to be extremely helpful. We are also looking at a catamaran tour but I am waiting to hear from her if she prefers small and quiet or a bit larger group and party. She is 22 by the way. Enjoy your holiday in June.

Level Contributor
399 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite excursion

El Tigre catamaran yours. Staff is great, food is delicious and the sights are beautiful.

Get answers to your questions about Hastings