We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Vacation to Barbados

Philadelphia...
8 posts
Save Topic
First Vacation to Barbados

My husband and I Americans from the U.S. traveling to Barbados this summer, We are staying at a hotel that is not AL. However, after reading the reviews of the expensive restaurants in the hotels, we are rethinking our choice. The first question is "where is the best location" on the island for hotels offering the best beaches, entertainment, and nice, but less expensive restaurants? Also would it be better to stay at an AL hotel? If so, what would be your recommendation? Thanks for your help

LDT

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
11,162 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Vacation to Barbados

Please believe me, Barbados has sooo many restaurants of all different prices to choose from , you do not need to worry. Where are you supposed to be saying? We can then advise you of the eating options in that area.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,157 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First Vacation to Barbados

LDT0211

I agree with Westiegal3 fully. We have $, $$, $$, $$$ and $$$$ places on the island to dine. We have over 140 great places to choose from. Just indicate where you are staying and we would be happy to assist.

Regards

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First Vacation to Barbados

Lots of restaurants on the South Coast offering cheap meals, lots of resorts to stay at a very reasonable price, most places to stay at have kitchenettes, Barbados is a small island so don't always look at beachfront as an option there are no private beaches, we stay at Pirates Inn which is not beachfront buy a quick walk to it, we love the South Coast

Hastings, Barbados
Level Contributor
476 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: First Vacation to Barbados

Dont believe all you read....It has always had the reputation of being for the rich....i spend 5 months a year there(south coast) and can tell you ..I am not rich by any means at all!!!!

some restaurants (south coast,ineoxensive but good)

SHAKERS

JUST GRILLIN

MOJOS

pricey onces would be :

CHAMPERS

PICES

WATERSLIDE

dont travel to the west coast much ,so i cant comment on them.

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,504 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: First Vacation to Barbados

Also South 7 Bar and grill for cheap and Tapas for expensive

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,032 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: First Vacation to Barbados

There is no need to go all-inclusive, and I wouldn't. You will have more options, more flexibility, and better travel experience meeting people. There's a reason why there are fewer AI hotels in Barbados.

warrington
Level Contributor
370 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: First Vacation to Barbados

Have you looked at the new Couples AI hotel that is opening next month ?

It is located on the south coast on a long stretch of beach, it is convenient for many bars and restaurants should you wish to dine out of the AI package at the hotel.

The high end restaurants are expensive but you can eat as cheaply or as expensive as you wish.

Glen Rock, NJ
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: First Vacation to Barbados

The most expensive area is West, if you venture South or North or East restaurants and accommodations will be cheaper (in the sequence stated). It all depends on your expectations of a meal and entertainment, as it is stated Champers is one of the most expensive ones and you can easily find the menu on line (20$ an entree )and decide on your own if you want to go there. "Expensive" is also a relative term , I think you can find much more expensive restaurants in NYC or Philly. I recall going for a day trip to Nantucket and finding out definition of expensive for myself.

Most importantly you will find a lot of good food as oppose to vacation spot type - "charge and do not care what you serve" style.

My guess is South will suit you the most.

Philadelphia...
8 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: First Vacation to Barbados

Thank you for responding. We are scheduled to stay at the Hilton Barbados Resort.

Philadelphia...
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: First Vacation to Barbados

The Hilton Barbados Resort. Thanks. What is the best location with activities and restaurants?

Get answers to your questions about Hastings