We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traveling Solo?

Toronto
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Topic
Traveling Solo?

Is anyone travelling solo the first week of April? I have never travelled solo to an all inclusive before and was wondering if others have done it and what their experience was. Any tips or words of encouragement would help.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Traveling Solo?

Going to Sirenis la Salina April 1 but with a friend this time.

Travelled many tines to Cuba solo though. No problem.

There are so may friendly people to talk to you will not feel alone. If you want to be alone not a problem

either.

I think the hardest part a travelling alone is the

meals (but can chat with the staff at the hotel).

Where r u going?

Toronto
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Traveling Solo?

I plan to go to Melia Cayo Santa Maria. I have read reviews on that hotel and it seems like a good spot.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,626 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Traveling Solo?

Been there 3 times.

IT has the most amazing beach.

Great staff good food nice rooms.

somerset
Level Contributor
393 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Traveling Solo?

we have met several people over the last few years travelling solo to AI and have had a lot of fun in Cuba. You may come accross some Cubans flirting wildly with you as they may see you as a way out of the country. You will have a great time amd meet lots of new friends as you are kind of tied to the hotels in the evenings in Cuba.

Vaudreuil-Dorion...
Level Contributor
47 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Traveling Solo?

I travelled alone twice to Cuba in 2006-07. It was never a problem. I went to Holguin, met nice people and had a lot of fun visiting with them. I also met them again in Havava at the Tropicoco then I went alone to Super Breeze, Jibacoa which is a 14+ resort, this was more a resort for couples though but I did enjoy this beautiful place. I would say that the people are usually very nice and will talk to you but sometimes we have to talk to them first. I hope you meet nice people like I did. Have a great trip!

6. Re: Traveling Solo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 19:20