We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Melia las Dunas - Standard Rooms: CD Players???

Durham UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Melia las Dunas - Standard Rooms: CD Players???

Hi - We are travelling out from Manchester on 13th (that makes at least 6 TA members), with our meagre luggage allowance of 15kgs each. Can any recent visitor please advise if there are CD players in the standard rooms - or can they be hired / borrowed from Front Desk??? I could squeeze my 24-cd disk carrier in my case, but would have to carry the player as hand luggage. Its nice to put on a bit of mood music to fall asleep to...

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
20,332 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Melia las Dunas - Standard Rooms: CD Players???

No cd players in standard room when we were there.No idea about borrowing one.How about takeing an ipod instead?

Durham UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Melia las Dunas - Standard Rooms: CD Players???

I do have an ipod (prezzy for Christmas from my sons) - but the external speaker base is bigger than my cd player!!! (Don't like earphones).

On another subject - can you recommend any particular rooms??? We hope for peace & quiet - presumably we will be allocated the 'adult' side. Buildings 39 to 54 appear to have a sea-view, although they may be 'superior' (my downloaded map does not differentiate). Any advice would be appreciated.

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Melia las Dunas - Standard Rooms: CD Players???

On the map i downloaded buildings 39-54 are 'standard' rooms (if they're brown coloured buildings these appear to be standard)

On the adult side buildings 41, 47, 52 (coloured blue) are superior and building 44 i think is a disbaled room?

I may be incorrect but this is what i can gather from reviews posted

Durham UK
Level Contributor
22 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Melia las Dunas - Standard Rooms: CD Players???

Thanks for your response - very helpful. I have the same map - building 53 / 54 looks remote enough for us - but will be a good walk to the restaurants / buffets (might get lost going back...). It also looks like 'seaview' rooms (i.e. front row) are standard - whereas the 'superior' rooms (41, 44, 47???) are surrounded. I see that some TA members have e-mailed accommodatiom requests - may try it...

Thanks again. Any other comments are welcome. We are first time travellers to Cuba. Our tour rep compared Cayo Santa Maria to the Maldives (been twice), so looking forward to 13th...

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Melia las Dunas - Standard Rooms: CD Players???

I emailed the resort and requested, if possible, a room close to amenities but on the adult side and they said they would try and accommodate

I'm not sure about the sea-view rooms because the buildings are apparantley quite a walk from the beach due to building restrictions due to erosion, maybe if you stipulate a second floor room you'll be able to see the sea?

Cheshire UK
Level Contributor
729 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Melia las Dunas - Standard Rooms: CD Players???

We are also going from Manchester on the 13/4, where can I see the acommodation map?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Melia las Dunas - Standard Rooms: CD Players???

Here's the map I placed on Webshots. If you want to have a copy, just send me your e-mail through a private message.

…webshots.com/photo/2346450040100647447NBjkyi

8. Re: Melia las Dunas - Standard Rooms: CD Players???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 19:17
Get answers to your questions about Caibarien