We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Room for a disabled persons use

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,482 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Room for a disabled persons use

We are going to MLD on 26 May.My mother is coming with us and she has just had her knees replaced.We were wondering if the disabled persons room is an advantage,for example does it have a bath or just a shower?Does any one know what building number it is?We have a map of the resort so will know where it is.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Room for a disabled persons use

You could try e-mailing the resort. I thought that since the regulare rooms are all in the orange building, the suites are in the blue building, maybe the yellow buildings are the rooms for the disabled.

Here's the e-mail: melia.las.dunas@solmelia.com

I just hope you can get a response.

Consett, United...
Level Contributor
19,482 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Room for a disabled persons use

Thank you we have stayed in both building 10 and 44 so we know what they are like inside.We have already emailed the hotel but you know what it is like waiting for a reply.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
831 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Room for a disabled persons use

Hi Diva,

There are special disabled rooms ie, wheelchair friendly. The bathroom has a "wheel-in" shower with a seat, , the toilet is high and hsa grab bars, there is a tilted mirror, there are no stairs.

All public washrooms have wheelchair stalls. There are ramps where there are stair, but there are VERY few stairs. The pool on the adult side has a power "chairlift" to lift people in and out of the pool. There is a photo of the chair in the "TRIPADVISOR" photos.

The theater has no stairs b but a ramp and the seating is at table and chairs (not theater seats)

Stanita

Montreal

North Yorkshire
Level Contributor
574 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Room for a disabled persons use

Diva - i've sent you a message regarding disabled rooms - should have most of what you need to know

5. Re: Room for a disabled persons use

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 15:21
Get answers to your questions about Caibarien