We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Catamaran Trip - MLD

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
594 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Catamaran Trip - MLD

What are your views on the catamaran trip - I have read loads of reviews where it said this was a fantastic trip and a must do, but I don't snorkel nor drink alcohol and this sounds to be the basis for this trip. It sounds a bit 18-30ish from what I have read is this correct? I don't want to miss out if it is 'that good' but also still am undecided as to what to do. Would it be suitable for my boys aged 14 and 16 or would they be a bit young? Your views would be appreciated as always.

Beverley, E.Yorks
Level Contributor
13 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Catamaran Trip - MLD

HI, We did both the full day and the sunset Catamaran trip and both where fantasic. I disagree about it being an 18-30 booze cruise, although drinks where available thoughtout i dont think any one on either of the trips we did got drunk, there where both extreamly relaxing and the views where stunning, (see my photos from the trips www.pdphotography.co.uk).

I really would recommend it.

Paul

toronto
Level Contributor
751 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Catamaran Trip - MLD

We went on this trip in 2006 with our three boys who were not quite 10,12 and 14, we all loved it. We did a similiar trip in Holguin this January and it was a favorite again, (now 12,14 and 16). There is definately drinking on board but the trips we were on, it didn't apear to be in excess. Most of the others were adults but our boys weren't the only kids. There are always people who don't snorkle who still enjoy the trip. (I would stay clear of the sunset trip where you may find more adults). Go, have fun, your boys will love it.

Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Catamaran Trip - MLD

hi rosentim, been to cayo coco, 2years ago and going again in 8 weeks and will be booking to go on the catamaran (day) we had a fantastic day and the veiws are amazing assuming they still do the same route,yes they have drinks all through the day and there is the snorkeling , but my wife didnt snorkel but just swam in the clear waters and sunbathed and enjoyed the trip just all the same, the scenery is beautiful -enjoy

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Catamaran Trip - MLD

Do they offer life vest for the children? My girls are 5 and 10 and both only 50-55 pounds each. Should I bring my own. I would hate to bring them for nothing.

Thanks

Brandon, Canada
Level Contributor
2,232 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Catamaran Trip - MLD

We took the sunset catamaran trip and really enjoyed it - we had great lobster and a fantastic time dancing with the crew on the way back to the marina - they took us around a shipwrecked molasses boat and we wached a fantastic sunset. Personally, I think this cruise was more for romance for than for teens, though - mainly couples on this one aged from 20 to late 50s.

We didn't do the daytrip because we don't snorkel - friends of ours had taken the day cruise and said that the boat was anchored quite a long time for the snorkeling - great for snorkelers but boring if not in the water....

toronto
Level Contributor
751 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Catamaran Trip - MLD

I would bring jackets for the younger children. They did have a selection, (not sure how many), but if it were me, I would feel more comfortable knowing I had one that fit properly beforehand.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Catamaran Trip - MLD

Thanks,

I guess you<re right. Now where did I put them?

8. Re: Catamaran Trip - MLD

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2009, 18:19