We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
345 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

Hello All,

Coming in November for a special occasin. What would you recomend for the most romantic dinning. Money is not an issue.

Thanks

Willie

Moncton, Canada
Level Contributor
573 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

Have a look at Josefs..also not far from the Gap is Champers and if you don't mind a ten minute taxi ride $20 I would highly recommend Wispers...bon appetit..Laurie

San Francisco Bay...
Level Contributor
100 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

I'd also consider Pisces in the Gap although Champers and Josef's are good calls, too. When I ate at Pisces a week and a half ago, there were turtles to watch in the water, and you're closer to the water there than at Champers if you get a waterside table.

Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,290 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

Are you relly tied to the Gap? If not, then I would go for the Cliff every time, especially if you book a table now and get a waterside one.

If you are limited truly to the Gap, then Josef's would probably be the most romantic atmosphere, but the last meal I had there wasn't brilliant. Still on the south coast there is Champers, or maybe Cafe Luna at Little Arches, or Wispers near Bridgetown. West coast I would go for Cliff or Tides.

Fairfax, Virginia
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

I guess you said in the Gap as you are staying nearby.

I would do as andylulu suggests and take a taxi ride to Champers -- ask for a balcony seat near the water, or Wispers on the Bay -- a longer taxi ride down the south coast heading toward Bridgetown, but very romantic.

Here are links so you can check them out:

http://www.champersbarbados.com/ (consistently rated as one of the best restaurants on the island.

http://www.wispersonthebay.com/

I've never been impressed with Josef's and we've tried it several times.

Pisces is ok, but you can do better.

The Cliff will run $122 US each for 2 courses, plus VAT, tip & drinks, so it's a costly evening, but spectacular setting. Also, a long taxi ride from the south coast, so add that into your cost if you decide on that.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
642 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

We throught Champers was really good and got a great table right above the boombing waves - as requested. Joseph's was nice - althought wine list very average unless you wanted to really splash out.

By far the best, and worth the trip was Tides on the west coast - better value than the Cliff too.

Pices was totaly average and really lacked any atmosphere.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,045 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

I agree with the Campers for ambiance and food. While I do like Pisces, it's a more casual place to hang out with friends an chill. If you're willing to leave the south coast/gap area, the possibilities open up.

London
Level Contributor
469 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

Although not in the Gap, Tapas restaurant overlooking the sea in Hastings is well worth a taxi ride. Not far at all by taxi but perhaps a little too far to walk and a bit of a precarious walk due to the crumbling side walks to navigate (especially in nice shoes) from St Lawrence Gap, I really recommend this incredible restaurant. Fantastic food, loads of choice, charming service, smart but relaxed with a wonderful Cafe del Mar ambience, you will feel you are in an episode of The Hills!

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
642 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

Agree with KikLondon - actually this was the ONLY place we ate twice (other than Bert's Bar where we had delicious pizza twice).

The team at Tapas were lovely, and on both evenings we we able to get an outside table (the diners nearer the back of the restaurnat looked quite hot - we were really pleased with our table - just make an advance reservation and I'm sure they'll look after you well).

The food was wonderful - small tapas to start or standard starters, then fab mains. Great cocktails and lovely Pinot.

Worth a short taxi from the Gap

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,089 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

Something you might want to consider are the menus of these different restaurants. Although price isn't important when it comes to romance the offerings may still matter. The one thing I liked about Tapas was the creativity in the menu and the choices. Part of the romance is still the dining experience and the surroundings. I have to admit I wasn't thrilled with the Champer's menu and neither was my wife, although the food we had was very good. In scanning the menu she was more excited for the dessert than the main course. You may want to go to the various websites to see the menus and go from there.

Scotland
Level Contributor
1,080 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Most Romantic restaraunt in the Gap

Haven't eaten at them all but would say the cliff is most romantic- hubby and I had an unforgettable 1st anniversary meal there last year. Wouldn't reallyreccommend Pisces, don't really think it compared much with champers or the cliff. Really enjoyed food and setting at champers but service almost too quick - felt like we were in and out in an hour!

Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations