We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

Has anyone stayed at Oceans 2? I believe its a new hotel/apartment block. Is it in the Gap or near to the Gap? I'm trying to decide between Oceans 2 and Southern Palms.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,176 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

I've not stayed at either, but given the choice, I would go with Southern Palms I think. It's much nicer from the outside, very well laid out and non-obtrusive. Ocean's 2 on the other hand... is a montrous eyesore and took the place of a beautiful place called Rainbow Reef :O(

They have also "created" a beach where there used to be only rocks (home to 100s of crabs - not sure what will have become of them!), so not sure how that will work out!

From an objective viewpoint, I don't honestly know, which is preferable though...

Southern Palms is slightly closer to the action of the Gap, but still far enough up to be disturbed, Ocean's 2 is a little further along.

London, United...
Level Contributor
767 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

I've not stayed at Oceans 2 but I stayed at The Southern Palms in May and was very impressed, so much so that I'm going back there in November, can't wait.

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

I'd echo everything LMR has said - I suspect though that the choice really boils down to whether you want to be in a hotel or you want to be in an apartment block. I haven't stayed at Oceans 2 but have been to Southern Palms a few times and have to say that it is a lovely, laid back and well managed hotel on a fabulous beach etc

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

Thanks everyone for your replies.....its looking like Southern Palms :-)

UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

Oceans 2 still isn't even open yet.

I hope they get their arses in gear as we want to try the place next year.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
205 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

Salsa girl, I am leaving for Barbados on Sunday. We have booked St Lawrence beach condos. I intend to walk up Dover beach to view Ocean 2 apartments, as we have watched them being built, (somewhat slowly!). We have stayed at Southern Palms before. Its quite nice , if a little tired on the decor in the rooms, but it is in a great spot for the gap. H ave you tried the steakhouse opposite?

Anyway, I will let you know what Ocean 2 looks like and see if I can view inside.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
442 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

Thanks Yorkshirekellygirl. No I haven't tried the steakhouse yet, will probably try when we are there inApril.

South Wales
Level Contributor
249 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

How was your stay at St Lawrence Beach condos? Thinking of going there myself. Beach looks tiny but I gather that there are a few others within a short stroll. Did you find the apartment noisy?

kind regards

9. Re: Oceans 2 or Southern Palms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 October 2012, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap