We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sunbeds for hire dover beach or paynes

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,589 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
sunbeds for hire dover beach or paynes

I am visitng on a cruise in December and would like to spend the day on the beach. I like the look of the beach around the Southern Palms hotel (Dover beach?) and would like to know if there is anywhere to rent umbrellas and sunbeds in this area . I may email Southern Palms to ask if they hire them to non residents. Another beach that is not to far from the cruise terminal is Paynes, is ther anything to rent there please?

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: sunbeds for hire dover beach or paynes

There are several vendors on Dover Beach who will rent a sunbed and umbrella if you desire, as well as places to buy food and drink etc. I can never remember how much they are on a daily basis as I usually pay for a week up front and the price is discounted... I seem to think though, that it's BD$20 for two chairs and an umbrella...

The Southern Palms cafe is also open to the public, they do a decent cup of coffee and it's got a lovely view :O)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
380 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sunbeds for hire dover beach or paynes

Tiger rents chairs and umbrellas at Dover Beach. They were charging $10 Barbados ($5 US) for chair and umbrella in February/March this year.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sunbeds for hire dover beach or paynes

The beach along Spring Garden has a beach bar and loungers you can rent. The bar is called Wisers and is very very close to the cruise terminal.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,935 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sunbeds for hire dover beach or paynes

i would go see charles on dover beach. he has a nice smoothie shop and chairs that rent from there. he will organize water sports if you like and will also deliver drinks to your chairs on the beach. great service and a super friendly guy!

cheers, rootsie

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: sunbeds for hire dover beach or paynes

Yes i agree with Rootsie, Charles is a very nice guy and will sort you out no problem. if you are coming from the main road to the beach Charles has his shop just to the right and Tiger is over to the left.

It is $10 BDS from both vendors a day.

6. Re: sunbeds for hire dover beach or paynes

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 March 2011, 05:17