We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coral Mist, Bougainvillea or Palms Resort

uk
Level Contributor
268 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Coral Mist, Bougainvillea or Palms Resort

Hi travelling in May for first time, prefer self catering option, on a nice beach and within wallking distance of good choice of restaurants. Can anyone advise please. Also on cost of meals out in the Gap - Thanks

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,526 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Coral Mist, Bougainvillea or Palms Resort

I returned from my first stay at Bougainvillea last month. I really enjoyed this resort, and I highly recommend it. However, there aren't many restaurants within walking distance. It's a short cab ride to The Gap.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Coral Mist, Bougainvillea or Palms Resort

Is that Southern Palms Resort?

Of the three I would give the Bougainvillea beach the edge over the other two. If you aren't renting a vehicle Southern Palms and Coral Mist are within walking distance to more restaurants. You can't go wrong with any of these but I'm partial to Bougainvillea. I stayed there in June and loved the beach and the location between Oistens and St. Lawrence Gap. I had a car, but it's a very short cab ride to both, and I think they have a free shuttle to Oistens on fridays for the fish fry.

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Coral Mist, Bougainvillea or Palms Resort

I have only stayed at Coral Mist & love it. It is clean & friendly, the rooms have everything you could want, it is on the beach & all rooms have sea views. You can walk to the Gap or to quite a few restaurants in Worthing. Prices for meals vary widely you can eat at Barbecue Barn really cheaply or there are other moderately priced restaurants or if you want fine dining then Champers is practically on the doorstep.

I am sure though whichever hotel you choose you won't go far wrong

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
1,180 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Coral Mist, Bougainvillea or Palms Resort

Restaurants aren't cheap and many of the noted restaurants have their menus at their web sites along with prices. On a budget, look at Happy Days in the Gap, Flying Fish at Yellow Bird Hotel in the Gap, Surfer Cafe (Oistens), and the Oistens Fish Fry. For self catering options take a trip to Supercentre in Oistens, they have everything including take-out prepared food.

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Coral Mist, Bougainvillea or Palms Resort

You could add Coral Sands to your list of properties to consider. It's on a lovely beach (hopefully it still has a beach after yesterdays storm!), within walking distance of st. Lawrence Gap for restaurants and is a similar price to Bougainvillea I believe.

uk
Level Contributor
268 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Coral Mist, Bougainvillea or Palms Resort

Hi thanks for all your posts, we have now booked at Southern Palms. Can`t wait , see you all there May 9th 6 months tomorrow and counting

7. Re: Coral Mist, Bougainvillea or Palms Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2011, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations