We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harbour Lights or Oistens Flying Fish on Friday?

Dallas, Texas
4 posts
Save Topic
Harbour Lights or Oistens Flying Fish on Friday?

I'm not sure if both are two separate locations or if the Oisten's Fish is just a dish.

Please let me know which is better to do on a Friday. I keep hearing mixed reviews on this.

Thanks

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,478 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harbour Lights or Oistens Flying Fish on Friday?

You can do both on a friday night - as I get the last bus home from Oistins on a friday night there are people getting off the bus to go into Harbour Lights. So you can have the best of both worlds!!!

Barbados
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Harbour Lights or Oistens Flying Fish on Friday?

Oistins fish fry is a collection of small vendors who do local food at good prices. It's open air and there's a real party atmosphere on a Friday night. Harbor Lights is a nightclub, also open air, almost in Bridgetown. You can't really compare the two as they are totally different. You could go to oistins early as has been suggested, and then go to Harbor Lights until the small hours. It doesn't even really get going until about 11.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
5 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harbour Lights or Oistens Flying Fish on Friday?

We went to the Oistins fish fry on Friday night and really enjoyed it. It's bustling and casual. Though the crowd was mostly tourists it didn't have a "tourist vibe". We arrived at around 7pm and it was already packed. There is quite a bit of traffic getting there Friday evening and it's challenging to find a seat on one of the "raggae buses" (ZR vans) (we came from Rockley beach and walked for quite a ways before being shoehorned into a ZR.

west yorkshire
Level Contributor
206 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Harbour Lights or Oistens Flying Fish on Friday?

Hi all, what time do the vendors stop serving food at the fish fry? and does the party go on after this time.

Steve.

5. Re: Harbour Lights or Oistens Flying Fish on Friday?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 July 2011, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap