We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

transportation from airport to the Gap

Vermont
6 posts
Save Topic
transportation from airport to the Gap

Just wondering the best and most economical way for 6 of us to get from the airport to St. Lawrence Gap ?

Toronto, On
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: transportation from airport to the Gap

Hi!,

I will be in Barbados in May and also would like to know the most economical way of transport to the Gap St Lawrence. I have read a cab should be about $20 so for you guys will be cheap to split up the cost, in the other hand I will be traveling only with one more person.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,936 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: transportation from airport to the Gap

you can actually take the bus right from the parking lot at the airport if you really want to do it economically.

otherwise, there is a taxi stand as soon as you walk through the exit doors. they will organize the appropriate size vehicle and assist with the pricing which is all set. the rate are on this link.

gov.bb/portal/…20Fares

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,165 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: transportation from airport to the Gap

I would say, if there are six of you, plus luggage, it's probably easier to take a cab down, it's not massively expensive! A normal size cab usually costs BD$30-40, a minibus proportionately more.

If there's just a couple of you, with not that much luggage, then yes, jump on a bus, it depends where you are staying really though as the bus doesn't pass right through the Gap, so you could be looking at a 5-10 minute walk!

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,499 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: transportation from airport to the Gap

Never mind a taxi, i could do with a free lift rootsie & LMR, lol

Vermont
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: transportation from airport to the Gap

Thank you for the information.

Barbados
Level Contributor
91 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: transportation from airport to the Gap

Vermont...

There are 5ways......emphasis placed on the word "economically".....

1) Please check this site for Taxi fares to St.Lawrence Gap

gov.bb/portal/…20Fares

It's Bd$31.00 for upto 4 persons plus a half for the other two.....So total of 31.00 plus 15.50 equaling BD$46.50......

2) You can walk.........it will take 45 minutes to an hour........if you want exercise....

3) Get a lift at the bus stop...You can stop any truck going by which is empty........they will be happy to give you a ride...we are all friendly people here

4) Catch the bus which is BD$2.00 per person......I don't know the frequency, but it should not be a long wait....

5) Make a friend or friends with fellow passengers and get a free ride....

If anyone else has any other input.........please go ahead and make my day..

7. Re: transportation from airport to the Gap

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 10:23
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap