We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather in Barbados?

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Weather in Barbados?

Hi, I am thinking of booking a trip to Barbados this month but i had a look at the weather - this week it is thunder storms, rain and cloudy ;-(

Does anyone know if the rain & storms this week have lasted all day or d they go over quickly and does the sun come out?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather in Barbados?

Hermangerman

At the moment there is an extremely strong Tropical Wave affecting the island which has resulted in the gloomy weather forecasts. Heavy Rain drenched the island overnight and much more is expected today. It would be wise to expect some scattered showers even after the system passes. By tonight into early tomorrow, much of the rain activity associated with this system shuld be west of Barbados. The sun does come out for periods and sometimes hides while it's overcast.

Perhaps you could put your trip off until the week of August 21st?

Regards

Edited: 01 August 2011, 13:25
Henley on Thames
Level Contributor
2,270 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather in Barbados?

They are just putting the chairs out on Mullins Beach & there is some blue sky.

http://www.royalwestmoreland.com/webcam/

London
Level Contributor
40 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather in Barbados?

Thanks for the replies, I am planning my trip for the 30th August ... the storm should be gone by then ..... I hope!

Stevenage, United...
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather in Barbados?

I am coming out next week on the 9th , I really hope the storm has passed by then . Thanks for updates people

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,262 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather in Barbados?

Just a clarification, not a storm, just a Tropical Wave... a strong one. After the wave, you get a Tropical Depression, then Tropical Storm, then Category 1,2,3,4, or 5 Hurricane.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,824 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather in Barbados?

If you go to this link and read the most recent post you'll find the present conditions. However the weather is the weather and predicting it is difficult. The farther one goes into the rainy season there is an increased chance of rain and that can be sporadic to lengthy but is usually torrential in nature. The sun will come out though. On the post below are links to NOAA which gives frequent updates for storms etc. and they also have definitions and maps that help.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g147263-i1253-k4674…

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Weather in Barbados?

Hi,

If you go on wunderground.com select trip planner and key in the place and dates you are going it gives you the weather for the last 20 years or more,i used it to compare Mexico to Barbados, so this time 2 weeks i should be enjoying our first night in Barbados at the Almond Casuarina.

8. Re: Weather in Barbados?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 15:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations