We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Josef's Restaurant - St Lawrence Gap Has Closed

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Josef's Restaurant - St Lawrence Gap Has Closed

Dear Fellow Readers,

Please note that Josefs Restaurant in St. Lawrence Gap has closed.

Atlantic Shores...
Level Contributor
2,119 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Josef's Restaurant - St Lawrence Gap Has Closed

It has been closed for some time now (Jul-Aug '11 or so). There have been several posts on here giving more details but they escape me at the moment.

Buzzards Bay...
Level Contributor
994 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Josef's Restaurant - St Lawrence Gap Has Closed

That sounds accurate, July/August. I visited shortly after it opened in 1986 and shortly before it closed in June 2011. It was a great restaurant at one time. It would seem as though its location on the water would be a great opportunity for someone else.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,639 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Josef's Restaurant - St Lawrence Gap Has Closed

I was originally told that the location was going to be the new home of Apsara Indian Restaurant but can't confirm and I don't think it's happened as yet) and I've also had been advised that the owners of Josef's were opening a place at Ocean's 2, but again.. no info on that either..

(sounds like I'm just a wealth of information, but.. it's just that I haven't seen the people I know from Josephs to ask... I'm sure someone else can provide better information.)

Edited: 30 January 2012, 22:55
Hastings, Barbados
Level Contributor
461 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Josef's Restaurant - St Lawrence Gap Has Closed

apsara has a sign saying "opening soon" at the old josephs, and josephs moved in and closed at ocean 2,already!

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,474 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Josef's Restaurant - St Lawrence Gap Has Closed

Josef's d1d operate from Oceans 2 for a short wh1le but don't th1nc 1t tooc off. Last t1me 1 spoce to Charma1ne the chef they had moved from there. W1ll f1nd out where She 1s worc1ng now!!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
20 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Josef's Restaurant - St Lawrence Gap Has Closed

Thanks butterflysue1,

I will wait to hear updates on the new Josef's location. What a shame they moved in the first place. The former location was perfect.

tx
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Josef's Restaurant - St Lawrence Gap Has Closed

I visted in June 2011 their were closed I miss eating there and missed the friendly services especially Mr. Jason G he always made your family feel welcome. We are planning to go back to Barbados soon this year, I hope that you guys can keep us up dated on a new lacation if any..

8. Re: Josef's Restaurant - St Lawrence Gap Has Closed

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2013, 10:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap