We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barbados

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Barbados

We are travelling to Barbados for our son's wedding in 2014 and were thinking of a second destnation for the weeek after the wedding.Whilst we enjoy beach holidays we will probably be ready for something else after the wedding week.We have looked into South America and Memphis but they appear to be very indirect flights, long journeys and expensive.Any suggestions and also any advice on prices and eating,drinking and attractions in Barbados itself.We are self catering in Oceans Two.I look forward to hearing from you.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barbados

Gareth P

Why not spend a few days on the East Coast of Barbados? An excellent property that comes to mind is the Atlantis Hotel. Three nights in one of their ocean front rooms would be a superb getaway within a getaway.

www.atlantishotelbarbados.com

In most bars you can purchase a beer for anywhere between $3-$7 depending on the location. Some bars have four Banks Beers for $10.

Sodas / Juice = $3 to $5.50

Rum + Coke $8

Tea/Coffee $6 and up

Most cocktails $12-$20 depending on the location.

Glass of Wine = $12 to $24 depending on the location

Glass of Champagne = $30-$35

Bottle of wine = $60+

Bottle of Champagne = $120+

Food ---

Starters $18-$38 depending on restaurant

Mains $45 to $100 generally, depending upon restaurant and what you order. Lobster for example will be around $100. Items such as platters for two can run up to $140

Desserts $15 to $25 depending upon restaurant and what you order

Fast Food

$15 can get you two pieces of chicken, fries, biscuit and a drink from Chefette or KFC.

$12.99 can get you a value meal from KFC (sandwich and fries or chicken strips and fries or three wings and fries etc)

$33 can get you a whole regular pizza

Rotis range from $6.75 (Curried Potato) to $10.25 (All Chicken)

Casual Dining

Flying Fish Sandwich with Fries = $25

Burgers = $26-$32

Spare Ribs Platter = $39.95

1/4 Chicken Platter = $29.95

1/2 Chicken Platter = $34.95

14oz Ribeye Platter = $41.95

Groceries

Loaf of Bread = $4.35

Block of Cheddar (250g) = $6.89

Dozen Eggs = $8.29

1 Litre of 2% Milk = $5.89

1 Litre of Juice = $5.29

Sliced Ham = $5.25

Bacon = $9.05

Bananas = About $0.70 each

Oranges = Jamaican about $0.75 each, Florida/California about $1.20 each

English / Granny Smith Apples = About $1.20 each

Strawberries = $21.99 a crate

All Prices BBD, divide by 2 for the US, divide by 3 for the £

Attractions will vary from $20 to $60 BBD for the most part.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barbados

That's really helpful and very detailed. Many thanks.I'll look into the east coast. Have you visited any other nearby islands like St Lucia or Antigua for example?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,665 posts
305 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barbados

Gareth P

You're welcome.

Yes I have and I thoroughly enjoy St. Lucia, but you *may* find flying to St. Lucia from Barbados to be a bit cost-prohibitive.

www.liatairline.com

Regards

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barbados

That's really helpful and very detailed. Many thanks.I'll look into the east coast. Have you visited any other nearby islands like St Lucia or Antigua for example?

Oh right . Thanks , I assumed flights between the islands would be reasonably priced. I obviously need to do some more research!!

toronto
Level Contributor
351 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Barbados

Ive been to Antigua, beautiful!!!

365 beaches, one for every day of the year.

Barbados
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Barbados

Hi! There are plenty of attractions in Barbados that appeal to varied tastes and interests. Most popular are the catamaran cruises, which range between $175-200. These cruises usually include round-trip transfers, full buffet lunch and drinks, and snorkelling with the turtles. There's also the Island Safari which is a fun way to explore the island. You might also be interested in Aerial Trek Zip Line, Atlantis Submarine, Harrison's Cave and Harbor Lights Dinner Extravaganza, to name a few.

Ocean Two has a great Concierge department that would be able to facilitate any questions you may have.

Pontypridd, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Barbados

That's very useful thank you so much

Fort Smith, Arkansas
Level Contributor
340 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Barbados

Gosh those prices look painful. I went in 2001, when Barbados wasn't quite on the tourist mega map yet, and everything was much more affordable!

camberley uk
Level Contributor
229 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Barbados

Barbados and Grenada worked very nicely for me.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Barbados

Sarah N,

The prices quoted are in BDS dollars not US dollars.