We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Theater // Musical performances

NYC
Level Contributor
178 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Theater // Musical performances

Is there a Site i can go to see what's available in terms of a show/music performance in BGI? Are there recommended places to see live steel pan // old calypso tunes?

thanks,

V

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,587 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Theater // Musical performances

totallybarbados.com/barbados/…

The above link will give you quite a lot of information of what is happening. Just click on the event.

Barbados
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Theater // Musical performances

Hi VesperGirl,

Mr Impact is widely regarded as the best steel pan player in Barbados. He performs at several restaurants throughout the week. He's usually at Oistins (just a few minutes drive from St. Lawrence Gap) on Monday nights so you can enjoy great food and his music at the same time.

Friday and Saturday nights at Oistins is also good for old time music but its mostly reggae, a little spouge and country & western! Hard to find old calypso tunes these days.

You can also check out http://whatsoninbarbados.com/ which has lots of theatre and musical events. You can do a search there for "Mr Impact" to see when & where he's performing.

I went the Community College musical portfolio last night presented by graduating students of the Music programme. It was very professional and its amazing what talent we have on the island. I'm sure you'll find lots of opportunities to sample it.

3. Re: Theater // Musical performances

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations