We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to Stay, other than Couples

NEW ORLEANS
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Where to Stay, other than Couples

We currently have reservations for Couples for December, but are less than thrilled with the first reviews. While we certainly understand that 5 months is a long time to get things together, we are more concerned with how the issues thus far have been handled by management. We aren't making any decisions yet, but we are looking at other options. With that being said, for those that have been to Barbados before, where would you recommend staying? I'm a big beach person, so I would prefer a beach that I can swim from. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
New York
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to Stay, other than Couples

did you purchase airfare already

NEW ORLEANS
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to Stay, other than Couples

I did, but it can be changed. We've even thought about going back to the Dominican Republic which we love.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,311 posts
355 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to Stay, other than Couples

mouse1203

I would say stick with your current reservation at Couples. I'm sure things will be just great by December. Otherwise, have a look at the Club Barbados, Crystal Cove and Ocean Two.

Regards

Mentioned in this post
The Club, Barbados Resort & Spa
The Club, Barbados...
1,952 Reviews
Barbados
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels
Crystal Cove by Elegant...
1,923 Reviews
Barbados
Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
89 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to Stay, other than Couples

we too are booked for dec. but have our fingers crossed that things work out. we cant change without heavy penalty. So.... I hpe they get their sh** together!

Barbados
Level Contributor
396 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to Stay, other than Couples

Hi mouse1203

Do you want all inclusive or are you flexible?

New York
Level Contributor
705 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to Stay, other than Couples

New Orleans:

If things do not change ....move on...with this economy do not go to a disaster ..Punta cana I tried Negril had a great time...at this time I am shopping for trips....alot of travel agents push resorts so be careful..but will follow suggestions

Mentioned in this post
New Orleans
New Orleans
Louisiana
Negril
Negril
Jamaica
North Truro...
Level Contributor
8,661 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to Stay, other than Couples

While I love the DR and have traveled there numerous times I would hold off since your trip is not until December and you may have gotten a great deal. If you cancel now and things turn around, you will be kicking yourself for changing resorts if you have been looking forward to traveling to Barbados.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
NEW ORLEANS
Level Contributor
114 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to Stay, other than Couples

For those that have given other options, thank you. I'll check them out. We don't have to have AI, so we definitely have more wiggle room.

For those telling me not to cancel now, that is not my intention to do so. I'm simply looking for other options now so I have a back up plan "just in case." I'm not one to be doing things at the last minute and like to be prepared. Thanks again!

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
13,532 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to Stay, other than Couples

Look at Colony Club, Tamarind, Crystal Cove, or Treasure beach on the west coast . All on beautiful beaches, on calm waters , all get good reviews and Crystal Cove is AI .

Mentioned in this post
Colony Club by Elegant Hotels
Colony Club by Elegant...
730 Reviews
Barbados
Tamarind by Elegant Hotels
Tamarind by Elegant...
1,215 Reviews
Barbados
Crystal Cove by Elegant Hotels
Crystal Cove by Elegant...
1,923 Reviews
Barbados
Long Island, NY
Level Contributor
88 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Where to Stay, other than Couples

We're currently at Sapphire Beach condos on Dover Beach, which is perfect for swimming and sunbathing. Highly recommend it, unless, of course you're looking for all inclusive.

Mentioned in this post
Dover Beach
Dover Beach
1,435 Reviews
Barbados
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap