We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

Houston
Level Contributor
20 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

Tonight a hatching of Sea Turtles happened. Confused by the light of the resorts the started coming towards Couples. I saw the commotion from our balcony and woke the wife up to go check it out. They had gathered 97 Sea Turtles when we got there. The Wife and I found 4 more. Saving each one from the clutches of the sand crabs. We released them close to the beach and shined a light at the water to guide them into the water. What a GREAT experience!!!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
405 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

Very cool

Exmouth, United...
Level Contributor
1,075 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

Wonderful! I have seen the eggs being laid whilst there but not seen a hatching. I did see it in Greece some years ago though and it is truly amazing.

A lovely memory of Barbados.

southampton england
Level Contributor
486 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

I have seen this happen in Turkey ,where the new born turn and head for the lights ,,one construction site [hotel] was stopped because of the baby turtles ,the hotel was never built

Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
10,918 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

I was on the Sandpiper beach a couple of years ago when suddenly dozens of baby turtles appeared out of a hole in the beach in the middle of the day, and we all helped guide them to the sea. Just wonderful to see and I have many photos on my phone to remember it by.

Edited: 11 July 2013, 10:01
Milford...
Level Contributor
4,284 posts
618 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

What an experience.......glad you were able to help them get back to the water!!!

Edited: 11 July 2013, 12:08
Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
10,882 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

Well done Dave N Rhonda! on behalf of the turtles - Thank you!

South Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

We have been lucky enough to see it twice on Dover Beach directly outside Southern Palms . It really is something you will never forget .

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
26 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

That is so cool!

Carol and Dave

9. Re: Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 July 2013, 15:35
Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,105 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Just Saved 101 Sea Turtles at Couples Barbados

Mmmmm - soup!

Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap