We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Couples - many questions

Wales, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Couples - many questions

Booked last minute. We travel Wednesday. Having minor breakdown !!!

What's the dress code for restaurants. Does hubby need smart trousers or will linens be acceptable.

What are Garden Rooms like - is there a safety deposit box?

How powerful are the hairdryers in the rooms?

Do all rooms definitely have an iron?

What's best currency to use?

Also, is there anyway we can turn the forecasted rain off for the next week :(

Any replies and information in the next 24 hours would be gratefully received.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 15:54
Bagshot, United...
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Couples - many questions

I can't help with the resort questions, but I would take USD with me - they can be used everywhere, but bear in mind they are worth double what a Babados dollar is (1.98:1). Alternatively if you want a trip to a bank you can draw cash out of ATMs or can change £s to BDS $.

You get a poor rate of exchange if you buy BDS$ in the UK. You will get your change from USD purchases in BDS$ so it can get a bit confusing and some people can't be bothered with it, but I just save up the BDS$ until we have enough to spend on a night out then use those for that night.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
608 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Couples - many questions

Will be there after you, so I can only confirm some info..

Direct from Couples website:

WAVES RESTAURANT (BREAKFAST/LUNCH/DINNER)

Dress: Resort Casual (beach cover up, footwear required)

YES PLEASE (LUNCH/DINNER)

Dress: Resort Casual (beach cover up, footwear required)

DOVER RESTAURANT (DINNER)

Dress Code: Resort Elegant (No jeans, no shorts, flips flops or tank tops — collared shirt required for gentlemen).

Enjoy!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
930 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Couples - many questions

I have not been to Couples Barbados, but I have been to all of their resorts in Jamaica. Dover is the dressiest restaurant and yes hubby will need a long pair of pants (not shorts) and closed toed shoes, or he will be turned away. They are usually pretty strict on this one. Dover is the only one. AT the other resorts, there is a safe and iron in the rooms.

We love getting coffee delivered to our room first thing in the morning before we go for breakfast. If this appeals to you, fill out your continental breakfast card, mark off what time you would like them to deliver it, and place it outside your door before one in the morning, and it will arrive at the specified time in the morning. The mini bar works the same way I believe.

Couples excel at making you happy so if you have anything that you want changed or worried about make sure you speak with someone about it, and they will do everything they can to help you.

I will be going to Couples Barbados myself in November. If you have any more questions you can pm me. Good luck with your holiday, and you are going to have a really great time. Relax and have fun.

UK
Level Contributor
66 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Couples - many questions

I have been to CB.....there are definitely irons in all the rooms and a safe. The hair dryer in my room was very powerful....not one of those ones that are fixed to the wall but a proper one like I have at home.

We took US $ and they were accepted everywhere.

You will have a great time!

Lakehurst, Canada
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Couples - many questions

Have a wonderful time! (and we'll hope that the forecasted rain is only for an hour or so in length - or even less!)

We will be at CB on Oct 23 for one week. We're certainly counting down the days now!

Returnees or others: What nights are the beach barbeque or other 'theme' nights hosted?

We are not Couples Returning Guests (yet!) so we'll not be invited to that very special dinner. Next trip for sure!

The trip to Oistens is Friday nights - right?

Toronto
Level Contributor
930 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Couples - many questions

Monday Managers Cocktail Party: 6:30pm-7:30pm

Monday Beach Party: 7:00pm -10:00pm on the beach, under the stars

And I am not positive on this one, but I think there is a Outdoor Gala night on Saturday, someone that has been already can confirm. The first two is from the Couples Website

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,261 posts
608 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Couples - many questions

@jannetteUK....thanks for confirming the blow dryer, iron and safe in the room!

Pinner
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Couples - many questions

I am here now.Laying in a hammock on beach.

Sun glorious.Second full day.Slightly burnt from yesterday.They forecast rain for last two days none as yet.

Toronto
Level Contributor
930 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Couples - many questions

Wonderful! Glad to hear it.

geordieworldtour
Level Contributor
8 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Couples - many questions

Hi, I am actually sitting by the pool at the moment so here goes:

Dress code - as answers 2 and 3, long trousers, collared shirt & shoes but linens should be fine

Rooms - I am in beach view junior suite but from what I understand from people here the rooms are all about the same, it's just the view that changes. Irons in all rooms, hair dryer better than average

Money - US dollars accepted everywhere but if you want local currency bring £'s and change in local area (hotel rates not good)

Rain - DO NOT BRING WITH YOU

See you tomorrow

Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap