We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

Oxford
9 posts
Save Topic
Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

Any one know if we need to pre book tee times if we want to play early in the morning or is it quite quiet? Can we do this before we arrive, not getting any response direct from Golf Club. Do you normally get paired up with another couple or can you go out or your own as a two ball?

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

I am also curious about the golf arrangements and like yourself I tried contacting the course directly but did not receive a reply. I suspect Sandals will simply have one time when they leave and come back since it would appear that they do not intend to keep the golf as one of the all inclusive options.,

Europe
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

Hi, when we visited there golfers booked at a seperate desk (for trips) in the reception area in advance. There was only one time offered and all golfers were driven there at the same time (think it was approx 07:30 in the morning). You also had to wait for everyone to finish before you could get transfered back to the hotel. I understand there was a bar there. On Sundays there was a later pick up only (around 12.00), This may have changed but hopefully others will give you more information if they've travelled more recently. Hope this helps.

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

Thank you for the information, it is very helpful.

Oxford
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

Thank you also, very helpful. Not quite what I was expecting, like to play golf early, have a beer and then come back and lie by the pool, not sure if I like the idea of hanging about. How far is it from the hotel - perhaps we can get taxi back instead?

Europe
Level Contributor
364 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

You're very welcome. It wasn't what other golfers were expecting either :) Firstly when they got up there was no where to get coffee and if you ordered breakfast in your room or a wake up call neither arrived. You can I'm sure get a taxi back, I know some of the guys would go for a quick beer whilst waiting for others to finish. Can't remember how far it was but I don't think it was that far... (sorry I'm not a golfer myself so didn't go there but the guys used to tell us...). I remember it was advertised on Couples website and they said you could pick your tee off times etc but actually in reality there really was no choice... you showed up in reception and all got picked up and dropped off together.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

Hello,

Golf is offered through our tour desk. Mondays through Fridays you'll depart the resort at 7:15AM and tee time is around 8AM. Sundays you'll depart at 12:45PM and tee time is around 1:30PM. You'll be paired up with another couple to play 19 holes but you can play on your own if you'd like. All transportation and green fees are covered. You’re only required to pay $25 per person to rent your cart and $25 per person to rent clubs. Once you have finished playing, you won't have to wait for a shuttle, the club will arrange a taxi to pick you up.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask me.

Cassie

Sandals Rep.

Oxford
9 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

Thanks Cassie for your response that is very helpful, looking forward to it!

Germany
Level Contributor
2 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

Thanks Cassie! That's good info!!

Windsor, Ontario
Level Contributor
6 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

Hi Cassie,

For those of us who find that 7:15 is perhaps a tad early can we take a taxi on our own to and from the golf course at a slightly later time?

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
168 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Golf at Sandals - pre book tee times?

Hi Premium_10, if you'd prefer to play later in the morning or afternoon during the week, you can check with the tour desk to ensure that there is space for tee off. You'll still get the green fee for free but you will have to pay for your own transfer.

Also, just to clarify, I spoke with our GM and he confirmed that once you have finished playing and you prefer to not wait for the others, the club can arrange a taxi to pick you up but you will be required to cover the cost.

Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations