We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandals Barbados

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Sandals Barbados

We have booked a trip to Sandals for April 2014 - after reading quite a few negative comments, we are starting to worry. Can anyone tell me if they have begun improvements and the "sandalizing" process at the resort. We are so looking forward to going for our first time to Barbados and to a Sandals Resort...and are we are quite concerned.

Greater Manchester...
Destination Expert
for St. Lawrence Gap
Level Contributor
4,517 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sandals Barbados

There are many, many posts about this hotel, just put Sandals in the search box and you should find your answers.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sandals Barbados

Thanks - so much, I will do this. I am hoping that the improvements have begun, as we are really looking forward to seeing Barbados.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,348 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sandals Barbados

You should contact Sandals directly to get information. They will tell you what has been done and their plans.

Chicago, Il
Level Contributor
10 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sandals Barbados

My understanding was that the real upgrades like renovating rooms, adding restaraunts, etc is going to take place after high season is over. My guess is you'll arrive to a 'in progress' transformation.

Saginaw, Michigan
Level Contributor
11 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sandals Barbados

April may be close to getting into some construction. As of right this minute nothing visible construction way, however they are working in one of the buildings. Sandalizing is a year out, minimum.

London, United...
Level Contributor
803 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sandals Barbados

You need to know that Sandals is closing on April 1st until December for renovations. There is a thread on it now.

We were due to go in May & facing real problems as we've booked our flights separately, could cost us a lot to change, even if we can as our dates can't be moved. I'm calling our TA this morning to look at our options.

Very upset by this, feel sorry for everyone who also has to change their plans.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,168 posts
340 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sandals Barbados

LouHill63

Sandals Barbados will temporarily close its doors next month to make way for a major upgrade of the former Almond Casuarina property. The eight-month project commences on April 1 and will include a total revamp of the resort's 280 existing rooms and the construction of 7 new gourmet restaurants. Sandals is also promising the generation of 1000 construction jobs. The property's existing staff will participate in exchange and overseas training programmes ahead of the hotel's reopening in December.

Regards

cheshire
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sandals Barbados

We to have booked for one week on the 28th March and have just had a call from the travel agent to advise as above that the resort closes on the 1.4.14...................thanks Sandals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United States
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
4,124 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sandals Barbados

@ericab Sandals is covering flight change fees, so have your ta look into that, if that's what you'd like to do. I'll send you a message in case you don't see this.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Sandals Barbados

Our wedding is booked on 16th of April at Sandals Barbados. ...I'm in total shock...no one has bothered getting in touch to tell us that the hotel is closing. Only found out because we looked at reviews on tripadvisor. What the hell do we do? ?

Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap