We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picture of Sandals under construction

Sevierville...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Picture of Sandals under construction

I have reservations at the newly redone sandals in april 2015. On there ad they state 65 million dollar reno. I am dying to know how extensive the reno is. They started april this year I believe so by now they should be well under way. I am wondering if anyone has or can take a pic of the resort in its current state and post it. I hope it is down to bare bones, that means it will be really nice. Thanks to anyone that could do this. I know others that are interested too for the same reason :)

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Picture of Sandals under construction

Wouldn't argue against jobs, tourist dollars and importance to the economy. Things change. It's always been thus. I was responding to a comment that an ocean front block had been built along with a swim up bar. That I doubt based on my knowledge of that property. Refurbed yes. Rebuild? I don't think so.

United States
8 posts
Save Reply
32. Re: Picture of Sandals under construction

I booked for Feb 21st to 28th! I am so excited!! I just want to see pics!!! I just hope it's done by the time we go!!

Palm Beach Condos...
Level Contributor
12,312 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
33. Re: Picture of Sandals under construction

Every Saturday our local newspaper has full page travel ad for Sandals - and every ad has the same statement - that *all Sandals resorts are always on the "calm side of the island" and have a protective reef?* - So... are they building a reef out in the sea at the new Sandals in Barbados?..... - otherwise as other posters have written - this Sandals will Not conform to all the other ones ....will it?!

North West England...
Level Contributor
149 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
34. Re: Picture of Sandals under construction

Any news on these pictures yet ???

Chappaqua, New York
Level Contributor
110 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
35. Re: Picture of Sandals under construction

I have reservations about booking a resort without any clue of how it will look or be. I know people that were booking it right before we left Sandals Grenada though without hesitancy. I would prefer to go back to Sandals Grenada and wait it out. They really did an unbelieveable job with that property.

Sevierville...
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
36. Re: Picture of Sandals under construction

I have pics of it that michelle was so gracaious to email me but I dont know how to put them on here :(

North West England...
Level Contributor
149 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
37. Re: Picture of Sandals under construction

Thanks to Ckylesworld for sending the pics over,

I hope this works for you all.

Any problems viewing the pics give me a shout

Follow the link below

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126482610@N02/

This is the front view from the beach.

Edited: 29 July 2014, 16:49
lancashire
Level Contributor
248 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
38. Re: Picture of Sandals under construction

Thanks for this. The beach looks nice. Hope upon hope they finish on schedule.

Haverhill...
Level Contributor
3,928 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
39. Re: Picture of Sandals under construction

I soooo agree, blackpuddin! Can't wait for us to get together again!!! :)

Sheffield, England
Level Contributor
5,361 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
40. Re: Picture of Sandals under construction

For those interested in Michelle's photos, it looks to me as though Sandals5 is taken from immediately outside what will be the new Sandals. The nearest building is an apartment/condo complex called Ocean 1, the the Bougainvillea resort and the pink building is the Barbados Beach Club. That is looking towards Oistins. Sandals6 is looking along the beach from outside the Bougainvillea in the direction of The Gap. Sandals3 is taken from outside Turtle Beach which borders onto the Sandals resort, again looking towards Oistins. The other three photos are of the ocean front block. It looks as though it is being refurbed and is not a rebuild. Not too surprising since it was the newest block of the old Casuarina/Couples. They look as though they are changing the pool shape but haven't yet knocked down the old swim up bar. Hope that helps you a bit, ckyles.

Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations