We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Long Bay Beach

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
Long Bay Beach

Any feedback on visiting Long Bay Beach? Looking for a quiet area for a couple hours of beach combing.

England
Level Contributor
107 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Long Bay Beach

There is Long Beach "near" the airport, and Long Bay in the south-east near Belair, neither of which I would call my favourite beachcombing beach. That title would go to Walkers Beach off Ermy-Bourne Highway in the north-east. It can really offer that "castaway" beach feeling complete with coconuts, seeds, seashells, turtle tracks and a wonderful surf as a backdrop. Not suitable for swimming, but great for walking. We have been here out of season and the only fresh footprints we have seen have been the crabs and the turtles!

Another would be around Bathsheba. Most people go here to see the Bathsheba rocks, and quite rightly, but take a look at it from a beachcombers point of view and all sorts are washed up along this coast. I have picked up beautiful sea-fans and sea shells along here.

2. Re: Long Bay Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Lawrence Gap
Recent Conversations