We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ABV in may some questions

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
ABV in may some questions

this is our first time to resort. 18 of us will be there 16 may for our sons wedding there are 4 children with us.is the weather ok in may do we need a jumper at night .is the dresscode stricked.do we have to book all restaurants.are pool towels provided.can i get a good gin and tonic and is it safe to walk outside the resort and how far are we from town. are we expected to tip.sorry for silly questions but its 15 years since our last allinclusive holiday

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
3,820 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ABV in may some questions

The post "holiday in Sept." (just below) has all the relevant sites for you to get an overall idea of weather in May.

Jumper? Maybe, depends on the breezes and what your comfort level is.

Some of your questions about the resort can be answered by the resort or the agency that is making your booking.

Gin & tonic, of course, Barbados hotels have all sorts of alcoholic beverages.

AI usually includes tipping, but you can tip the person that looks after your room or anyone else for that matter, your choice.

Edited: 09 January 2011, 00:17
Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Holetown, Barbados
Level Contributor
208 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ABV in may some questions

The weather in may is perfect.

Carlisle, United...
Level Contributor
169 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: ABV in may some questions

thanks for reply and would like to say sorry with my spelling i had one to many g ad ts

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ABV in may some questions

Weather -good

Jumper - No

Dress Code - smart casual for evenings, shorts and teshirt daytime.

Beach Towels- provided from a building on the beach

Speightstown - nice 5 min walk especially in the evening on the jetty recommented.

Gin and Tonic - On tap the whole of your holiday!!!

I reall hope you enjoy everything ABV and Barbados has to offer.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
4,051 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ABV in may some questions

This is a popular hotel so check out some of the reviews which will answer some of your queries. if you are travelling with Virgin then they do a free shuttle coach from the hotel to Bridgetown couple of times a week - you go in around 9-30 and come back 12-30 so time for shopping and a look around- its a good way to gauge distances as the bus takes the coast road and you pass Speightstown and Holetown.

You will not need jumpers for Barbados but you may need them for the plane and probably for your return to Uk !!!

Edited: 09 January 2011, 13:09
Mentioned in this post
Bridgetown
Bridgetown
Barbados
Holetown
Holetown
Barbados
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Derbyshire Dame
Level Contributor
537 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ABV in may some questions

ABV don't allow men in vest tops at ANY of their restaurants at any time.

I'd advise making restaurant bookings either in advance or as soon as possible after arrival.

We find the welcome meeting useful for info on the resort and all the services it offers.

Have a wonderful time!

London, UK
Level Contributor
43 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ABV in may some questions

Having stayed at the ABV I would say stay well away. I had the most disappointing holiday ever there. And don't be fooled by the reviews, they are obviously inside jobs (check the 24 February ones, they even used the same profile pictures when setting up the accounts). Avoid ABV. I have been to Bourgainvillea on Barbados and had a great time, although it is not all inclusive.

Mentioned in this post
Barbados
Barbados
Caribbean
Derbyshire Dame
Level Contributor
537 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: ABV in may some questions

I am an English housewife, nothing to do with ABV or its management. We're extremely well travelled. We've visited the resort twice and, both times have had a wonderful holiday. We will be returning later this year. At any one time a large proportion of guests are repeat visitors; a fact which speaks for itself.

Please go to the ABV with an open mind. Service is slow by USA/European standards. The rooms aren't 5* Dubai style but neither are the prices. The staff have to put up with so many rude people kit's a wonder they can smile at all.

I hope you and your group have a great time.

9. Re: ABV in may some questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2012, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Speightstown