We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Skiing @ Almond Beach Village

Which Speightstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
DFW Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Water Skiing @ Almond Beach Village

The jury seems to really be out on the ABV??? The ender for our future trip would be no water skiing.

Has anyone been to ABV recently and how does the water skiing at the Village work and is it REALLY available for all or does the boat "book up" or just sit all day due to "maintenance or lack of gas"

Any additional "true" information would be helpful. We have kids that are 13 and 10. Is there anything planned for them to do at the resort?

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Skiing @ Almond Beach Village

The hotel water skiing does get booked up, and you normally get a 10 minute 'pull' each per day if you book. However, there are some local vendors on the beach who do water skiing. You do pay, but you can do it for as long as you wish. Ask for Corey (has dread locks). He is very good at teaching water skiing - even managed to get me to ski and I never thought I could. He used to work teaching water sports at the Fairmont.

DFW Texas
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Skiing @ Almond Beach Village

Gittergirl, I really appreciate the reply. We ski often and 10 minutes would be a warm up. Sounds like we will find Corey.

manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Skiing @ Almond Beach Village

I don't use the water skiing facilities at the Almond Beach Village but I did notice that the slots at the hotel do get booked up quickly. They also only seem to go out first thing and last thing when the sea seems calmer.

I know that the guys at Just Chillin will also take you out for a charge.

It did seem to be negiotable as there were repeat guest that had been previous years that were trying to get the best price especially if you want to go out daily..You will find them on the bench just before the Watersports Hut.Probably the best person to speak to would be Ian who is in charge.

It also seems to be the same with the Banana boat I only saw the hotel's go out a few times during a 10day stay but the Just Chillin guys go out most days but again a charge is involved. Hope if you book you have a great time due to go back for 3rd time in November.

Barbados
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Skiing @ Almond Beach Village

No problems I hope you enjoy your holiday.

5. Re: Water Skiing @ Almond Beach Village

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 June 2012, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Speightstown