We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

Which Speightstown hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
2 posts
Save Topic
Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

I have booked to go to ABV in Aug 2011. We have been to Barbados before and know about the laid back attitude BUT am getting a bit worried about reviews. Can anyone who has visited recently provide info on refurb and what to expect.

I have emailed hotel (yesterday) but no response as yet - any frank info would be great. Thx

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,544 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

sssunny11

See if you can get a room in Block 7 as this is the newest block on the property and right on the beach.

Regards

London, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

Many thanks - I shall request this from the hotel. Have you visited recently? I am not expecting too much as we did not pay a huge amount for the holiday ( you get what you pay for!) but do want a decent level of accomm and food.

Thanks.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,544 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

sssunny11

I last visited ABV in Feburary 2011. They've been rumours about possible upgrades being done to the property within the next year but nothing has been confirmed as yet. I never really liked the older blocks of the hotel, but I've found Block 7 to be a gem since it was opened. You'll be spoilt for choice in terms of food as they are 4 different restaurants there.

Regards

Toronto
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

anyone have the email to Almond Beach Village?

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,544 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

Canada41

I don't have an email but I know their number is 1-246-422-4900. Giving them a quick ring, possibly via a calling card will get you a swift response.

Regards

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
8,014 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

You can reach Almond Resorts at reservations@almondresorts.com, info@almondresorts.com, www.almondresorts.com.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
16,544 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

Canada41

The previously quoted e-mail addresses are for Almond Resorts Inc the company, and not specifically the Almond Beach Village, which is why I didn't quote those to you.

I just spoke to a friend who works at the ABV and he's advised me that the email to contact the hotel directly is:

abvconcierge@almondresorts.com

Regards

Essex
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

We stayed in May 2011 and the refurb was going on in blocks 6 and 7 - this was quite noisy if you used the pools next to them - they had moved all the kids / teens clubs / creche etc to the back of 6.

Originally we had 2 very large rooms at the far end of block 7 which was too far away from everything for us with 3 children - we moved to block 3 after a few days which is were we wanted to be - this is quite central

There wasn't any refurb going on at 1 and 2 (adults only end) and block 4 by the sugar mill was quiet.

I think block 5 above Enids had already been done as well

Block 3 gives you easy access to the adults pool and bar / beach and also out the front onto the beach and the Horizon pool

We have stayed in block 4 before (2008) and enjoyed this location - rooms are a different category to block 3 as they are not sea view

We had rooms 3109 and 3110 on the ground floor with an interconnecting door

Edited: 09 August 2011, 13:07
manchester
Level Contributor
47 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

Hi try the following email addresses

abvforyouandaboutyou@almondresorts.com and jlateef@almondresorts.com the first is the concierge at the hotel and the 2nd is the managers email address or at least was last year I have not heard that this has changed.

My last trip was November so not sure what has changed since then but would be interested to find out as back in November of this year..

Toronto
Level Contributor
55 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Almond Beach Village - refurb worries

thanks for all the info - I'l let you know how it goes.

Get answers to your questions about Speightstown