We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Battley Mews Speightstown

ontario
2 posts
Save Topic
Battley Mews Speightstown

Lots of questions as I've not been to Barbados yet...Has anyone stayed there? How close to grocery stores & restaurants? Do you need a car?

Are the restaurants pricey? What are the accommodations like? Is the beach nice, safe?

Thanks

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
9,221 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Battley Mews Speightstown

Yes, you will need a car to get around. Also you're almost in between Holetown and Speightstown so you could shop for groceries in either one. The same for restaurants.

Restaurants can be expensive just as anywhere else, it depends on your preferences and lifestyle. Safe beach? The west coast waters are usually quite calm. Otherwise take normal precautions as you would at any beach.

Barbados
Destination Expert
for Barbados
Level Contributor
17,283 posts
353 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Battley Mews Speightstown

dc9458

You're closest supermarket will be Jordan's Supermarket on Queen's Street Speighstown, just about 1.5km away. Also nearby is Eddie's Supermarket on Church Street, Speighstown. Holetown would be farther away (about 6km) from Battley's Mews.

You'll also be relatively close to Mullin's Restaurant, the Orange Street Grocer, La Bouche Wine Bar & Restaurant, Fisherman's Pub and the Fish Pot.

I would also suggest renting a car as it would greatly improve your flexibility.

Can't comment on the accommodations.

Mullins Beach is very good and very safe.

Hope this helps

Regards

New Fairfield...
Level Contributor
3 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Battley Mews Speightstown

I am a travel agent, and booked this property because the clients found it and the reviews where good. They had a nice time but their unit was broken into and lost man vaulable items. The washing machine was also not working and the staff who did the clothes for them burned a few items. I might suggest staying at the crane . I hate to see anyone else have thier vacation ruined because of something like this.

4. Re: Battley Mews Speightstown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2014, 12:15
Get answers to your questions about Speightstown