We are family of 9 -11 adults planning a winter vacation in late Feb 2015. "Sea Symphony" was 1 of the more reasonable villas in Barbados w/6 bdrms/6baths. We are all swimmers/snorkelers and are more interested in hearing about beach/swimming and snorkeling than the staff and the quality of the drapes and towels.
Questions for anyone who knows this villa and Fryers Wells Beach.
1) Is this area safe as home while lovely has gates on windows and read this this area was "dirty"(?)
2) How far is the home from Fryers Beach? Google map does not how home clearly Read that this beach is "narrow' in winter- how narrow? Can 1 put a beach chair and sit on this beach w/o getting wet w/water? Is it at least 15- 20 ' wide in Feb? We are not joggers/runners so we dont need a mile wide beach..........
3) How is the walk to this beach from home? We have 1 who is elderly.
4) Is this beach fairly quiet/empty - prefer no loud music and tons of bars/peddlers all day.
5) Can 1 swim off this beach and actually snorkel and see some sealife off shore ( NOT too deep) We dont want to have to take a boat or go very deep.
Any feedback on this area near Speightstown/Fryers Wells Beach and "Sea Symphony" would be greatly appreciated.