We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taking kids friends to Cuba

Horseshoe Valley...
Level Contributor
157 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Taking kids friends to Cuba

We are on our way to Cayo Guillero in March. My daughter is bringing her 17 year old friend with her. Are we going to have issues at the boarder? Should we bring a letter of consent with us???

owen sound
Level Contributor
231 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taking kids friends to Cuba

We took our daughters friend with us in Oct. she was 14. We got a letter of consent off the net and had her parents sign it. Had know problem and never had to show the letter

bedford, nova scotia
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taking kids friends to Cuba

You should definitely get a letter from parents when travelling with a minor.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,767 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taking kids friends to Cuba

I'm leaving with my daughter without my husband and got a notarized letter for 25$

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
319 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taking kids friends to Cuba

I think the best thing to do would be to bring a notorized letter.

I also think you should ask the parents for a list of known allergies for the girl. Or any illness/medications that she has.

We once took my little brother's friend with us, on a weekend getaway in Toronto, he started coughing and wheezing while at the beach. I realized he was having an asthma attack and he left the inhaler in the cottage... we've learned the lesson since.

5. Re: Taking kids friends to Cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 16:18