We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

leaving tips how ?

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
leaving tips how ?

i might be thick but how do you make sure the maids know the things you leave are for them and not things you just havnt put away !!!!

toronto canada
Level Contributor
182 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: leaving tips how ?

What is for the maid, should be left on the pillow. Do not leave anything on the pillow that you do not want to give away

kent
Level Contributor
118 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: leaving tips how ?

When we went to Cayo Coco we left things for the maid, some bar staff and also some of the entertainment staff. We had to get a special form from the reception and put the persons name on the form the articles that we were leaving and sign it with our room number on it so that they did not get accused of stealing, and then were allowed to take it out of the hotel.

Kelowna, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
802 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: leaving tips how ?

In Mexico I always leave a little note saying "thank You" "this is a little gift" and sign it. I know some resorts will not allow staff to take things off the property without a note.

Grimsby, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: leaving tips how ?

thanx for all replys, we are thinking of taking some things to give away but with two messy kids i didnt want any miss understandings !!!!!!!!!!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: leaving tips how ?

hi really they shouldnt take anything until you leave or if you definately make it obvious it is for them.put your valuables in safe though. better safe than sorry

Staffordshire...
Level Contributor
741 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: leaving tips how ?

First day I left a CUC on the bed with a note underneath saying "gracias". Thereafter I just left a CUC in the same place.

7. Re: leaving tips how ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 September 2009, 20:20