We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

Luton. England
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

I have just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - this was our 6th visit to this hotel and our 7th to Cuba - if you have any questions please ask I will try my best to help.

Many thanks

Jill

Canada
Level Contributor
731 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

Hello Jill; we are going to the ID on August 25 for two weeks; this will be our 8th trip to Cuba, first at this Resort; I have recently read that the guest rooms are going to be, or are in the phase of being refurbished, what are the best building to request, we would like a third floor partical sea view, in a quiet area, away from the pool activities. Also any other tips on what to expect would be greatfully appriciated.

Thank you Dan

Luton. England
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

Hi Dan

We were in the Camaguey this is the first block next to the pool on the third floor - lovely spot but had not been refurbed as yet - but to be honest with you the rooms are clean but could do with a lick of paint other than that you spend very little time in your room. We did not notice a lot of noise but we did find the resort very quiet when we went - 2nd week of July - normally we visit at April and the hotel is full.

I would take some insect repellant as we did see lots of people with bites this time of year - we were lucky as we made sure we applied the repellant before we left our room at night.

I would recommend taking a thermos cup similar to the Tim Hortons cups you get - saves time at the bar as will keep your drinks cooler for longer.

I am sure you will have a fantastic time - if you get chance go on the Jungle tour and the catamaran trip these are well worth the money.

Enjoy and I am sure you will love it like us!

Montreal
Level Contributor
10 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

Do you know if any of the rooms have been renovated?

Thanks

Luton. England
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

Hi

To be honest with you I think some at the rear of the buffet block have been as we spoke to some guests that were staying there but I did not see the rooms so I do not really know - they did say they were lovely though - ours were the same as before they had a lick of paint but probably could have benefited from a new tiles in the bathroom to bring it up to a more modern feel - but saying that they were clean and tidy and the shower was hot each time we used it so really no complaints from us.

Sorry I do not know what the rooms were called.

cheshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

hi, we went in june our room had been refurbished overlooking the sea habana room no 3599 we did e-mail the hotel before we went and asked for 3rd level which we got.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

Hi charms4you ,

is the hotel within walking distance of anywhere else? Are there any other hotels nearby or is it completeley on its own?

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

Hi, just noticed this and I have been back just under 2 weeks now. There are 2 hotels on the island, although 1 is being refurbed. The nearest toen is Moron and that is an hour and half ride away. There are no shops etc other than what is on the complex. However there are excursions and they are pretty resonable and will get you out if that is what you wish. There is a bowling alley a short walk away although I did not go there myself.

Yorkshire
Level Contributor
1,187 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

Hi charms, I forgot to ask do they supply pool/beach towels or do you have to take your own?

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

Gosh sorry Charms, I am getting in here before you, somehow I think we were both at the ID t same time ;)

They do have pool / beach towels. You get a card and can change them when ever you wish, however if you loose them you have to cough up I think 10 cuc each. Whilst there I over heard some tourists laughing saying they were "collecting" towels and had a game plan to see who could get the most by the end of the holiday. I had to bite my tongue as this is so unfair.

I took my own towels anyway and only used theirs on our last day.

Luton. England
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Just returned from Iberostar Daiquiri - any questions???

Hi No worries, as long as people get the info they require I really do not mind.

We were there 16th July for a week - was this the same time as you then?

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo