We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

Newcastle under...
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

Does any one know the current price for premier class on Thomas Cook out of manchester.

Having trouble getting a price from anywhere.

Any hints to get it cheapest.

derbyshire
Level Contributor
158 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

I rang about amonth ago to see how much it would cost for 2 adults and 1 child.....it was £299 each. I decided to prebook econemy seats and where i want to sit instead for £75 for all of us.

Cardiff
Level Contributor
1,165 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

Price of premier upgrades from UK this year on all major charters (Thomson,First Choice,Tho Cook) appear to be much higher than previous years.

We have been looking at Premium upg for our flight to Cuba in March but I've never seen it for less than ~£325 pp - sometimes online it comes up as £399 pp!

Lot of extra money to pay for a few free drinks & 3kgs extra luggage !!!

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
uk
Level Contributor
532 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

I tried to upgrade mine a few months after booking the trip (just for 2 of us) and they said it would add £850 onto the booking!!!! How they can charge that much after booking i do not know. It seems about £200ish extra if you do it at time of booking.... So would def not give TC that!!!!!!!

Darwen England
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

Hello everyone, first time on here so be kind.

Just booked last friday with Hays travel for the Sol Cayo Guillermo, went there about three years ago, anyway we are flying with Thomas cook so booked the premier seats for an extra £200 each and you get 30kgs of luggage each not 15kgs, it would have cost us £50 each for an extra 5kgs to take us up to 20kgs as we were told both parties have to pay for the extra luggage allocation, so we think we have a good deal as the holiday has cost us a total of £1000 each for two weeks in the sunshine(i hope) please don't tell me i could have got it cheaper and have been ripped off.

Any tips on what to take for the waiters, room cleaners etc would be appreciated, and if anyone is going before 15th March cos that's when we are going what has changed since the refurb at the sol.

Many thanks & happy hols

Pete & Ann

Mentioned in this post
Sol Cayo Guillermo
Sol Cayo Guillermo
4,219 Reviews
Cayo Guillermo, Cuba
wales
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

Hi All,

We are flying to Cayo Guillermo with Thomas Cook in June, when we booked, which was roughly July last year we upgraded to Premium Cabin and only paid £155pp. We went to Jamaica last year and did the same upgrade and believe me, just for the legroom and the priority check-in we found it worth it. We hope you all enjoy your holidays regardless of wether you can secure yourselves a good deal. Happy haggling.

Richard

Mentioned in this post
Cayo Guillermo
Cayo Guillermo
1,025 Reviews
Cayo Guillermo, Cuba
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Newcastle under...
Level Contributor
28 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

The luggage allowance isn’t really a problem, I travel very light and my 3 year old daughter also travels light.

The missus however, that’s another story!

So all in all we have 45 Kg which isn’t too bad, on our last trip we had around 30 kgs. Between the three of us.

I was just thinking bigger seats, but for that kinda money, its not worth it.

And how much booze can you drink on a plane, it makes me feel terrible. Unlike in the pub were I can easily drink all day.

Dorset
Level Contributor
81 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

After my experiences with Thomas Cook Flights last April (yes I am STILL trying to get some response from them!) I would certainly recommend flying Premium.

We're putting off going back to Cuba in April this year as we cant afford to pay the premium upgrade (I was quoted £325 each x 4) we will continue saving and go again next year.

If you can afford it for comfort alone the cost is worth it!

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
260 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

We are travelling in March with TC. Anything over five hours I usually try and upgrade and am used to paying around £200 each for Prem seats. I suppose it is all down to the current economic climate, but I reckon that £400 pays for a lot of goodies in Cuba rather than a bit more of a choice with meals and a couple more drinks whilst in the air. I am taking a chance in economy this time and will see if the extra legroom that comes as standard makes any difference.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Burton upon Trent...
Level Contributor
665 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

me and the wife fly on sunday, our upgrade cost £219 beleeve me its worth every penny, done it 3 times before(dom rep,cuba,jamica,)DO IT MATE.

only 5 days to go cant wait !!!!

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
117 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Price of Thomas Cook Flight Upgrade

Flew to Cuba in May with TC in standard seating, the 33 inch seat pitch does make a difference. i usually upgrade to premium for the extra luggage allowance but found the economy seating was fine on that holiday.

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo