We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

what to expect?

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
what to expect?

i've never been cuba let alone cayo guillermo before. i'm off 2 the ID in june. was meant to be going mexico but got cancelled so chose here instead. what can i expect? is the ID nice? have i picked the right hotel. also i've heard it's windy there. i'm worried its going to make it feel a lot cooler than it is x

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,964 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: what to expect?

As this is your first visit to Cuba you may find it useful to check out my four Inside Pages at the following link:

www.tripadvisor.co.uk/members-inside/bellagio

essex
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: what to expect?

do not worry sunshine , you will want to go back , hence its my 5th time

Newton Aycliffe...
Destination Expert
for Cuba, Rafael Freyre, Guardalavaca, Holguin
Level Contributor
97,964 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: what to expect?

One other useful point about the hotel is that there is an actual bank in the grounds of the hotel so I would recommend you exchange your Sterling there.

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: what to expect?

thanks guys :-) hope you're right. after all the stress i've been through after mexico i don't want to be disappointed lol x

St.Jerome, Quebec
Level Contributor
1,855 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: what to expect?

I've been to the ID twice, you will love it. It has consistent good reviews. What can you expect you ask? CWS. That is Cuba Withdrawal Syndrome when you get back lol.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,468 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: what to expect?

I don't think you were meant to go to Mexico at all. It is mere fait that you are going to Cayo Guillermo. It was totally by accident that we came here 14 years ago, and have been coming every year since. You'll love it!

essex
Level Contributor
251 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: what to expect?

read the post from lucky loo

Fort St-John BC
Level Contributor
644 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: what to expect?

What to expect? Paradise

9. Re: what to expect?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2009, 07:28