We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

weather in july

glasgow
Level Contributor
42 posts
171 reviews
Save Topic
weather in july

Hi heading to the ID on 7th july, was wondering if anybody has a rough idea of what the weather is like around that time of year. I understand at the moment there are thunderstorms all over cuba that are expected to last for a few weeks???

thanks

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: weather in july

i hope not i'm off there on thurs.

so i've read many times. that the thunderstorms come & go. it is technically hurricane season now so you will get storms but it will be hot too & the storms don't last long & go as quick as they came.

will let you know once i'm back what the weather was like.

glasgow
Level Contributor
42 posts
171 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: weather in july

oh, dont let that ruin the holiday lol, im sure it will be ok, you tend to find that these stories come and go anyway.

i would appreciate an update on the weather when you get back thanks.

enjoy your trip.

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,481 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: weather in july

October,November are hurricane season. July August are filthy Hot!

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: weather in july

deebob what about june? i go tomorrow

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: weather in july

btw hurricane season starts offically june but they tend to occur the end of the summer like you say, when the seas heated up

Kent
13 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: weather in july

Hi

I was there last year end of June begining of July and you don't need to worry the weather was glorious a few showers but they don't last for more than abot 10 minutes then the sun comes back out and there mostly late afternoon of night time. I'm off there on the 9th i'll let you know what the weather was like when i get back. : - )

Kent
13 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: weather in july

Hi Irishpad

Well i got back from Cuba on Wednesday morning and the weather was glorious. We had a few rain showers but they didn't last more than about 10 to 15 minutes. There were a few thunder storms but they come without rain so you can still sunbath and relax. the temp was up in the 30's everyday. I hope you enjoy your holiday.

squiffy02

Dartmouth
9 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: weather in july

For all of those just heading out - I got back a couple of weeks ago from a glorious week at the ID. The weather reports at home were saying thunderstorms as well however throughout the entire week we had maybe 20 minutes of rain - heavy showers and both times around 5pm. They lasted no more than 10 minutes each time and then it dried off and the sun came back out. It is however the rainy season so anything goes. Every day we heard thunder rolling in the distance but it never amounted to anything.

It is unbearably hot in the morning - however in the afternoon a slight warm breeze would suddenly appear on the beach making it somewhat more bearable.

The biggest problem right now are the mosquitoes. They are absolutely brutal right now so please go prepared. A quick trick I learned in Mexico - drink lots of lime based drinks and if you are able to access limes/lime juice, rub some lime juice on you. Mozzies hate lime and it does work!! While I did get some bites this time... not nearly as many as last time despite the fact that the mosquito situation is the worst I have ever seen.

N.-B.
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: weather in july

You can check under

www.zoover.fr/cuba/cuba/cayo-coco/meteo

it will give you the forecast for up to 2 weeks.

So far the weather is 31C. Soleil=Sun and Pluie=Rain

10. Re: weather in july

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2009, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo
Recent Conversations