We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

iberostar daiquiri

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
iberostar daiquiri

finally made a decision - iberostar in august. Anything important I need to know or take. Do I need plug adapters and beach towels and hair dryer!

Any advise welcome.

thanks

amanda

wales
Level Contributor
85 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: iberostar daiquiri

timanda, We have just returned from the ID, you will need plug adaptors, I would recommend you take beach towels as they are not always available, and my wife would recommend you take an hair dryer as the ones that are there are rubbish.

PS. Take plenty and I mean plenty of mozzie spray the place is swarming with them, and I don't normally suffer from bites, but I was plastered with them.

Hope this is helpful.

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: iberostar daiquiri

Timanda

Don't forget you thermos mug for your drinks at the pool/beach. They only provide small plastic cups at the bars.

Take one beach towel each to use until you can get one from the hotel, don't leave it on your sunbed as their have been known to go for a walk.

As previously said, unless you have short hair the room hairdryer in not good enough.

If you like black pepper with your meals take a plastics pot of ready ground, they only have white pepper in the main restuarant. They have all the usual sauces.

The electricity in the room is controlled by thr room key, if you have an old credit card it can be used to keep the a/c on while your are out.

That sterling to pay for trips and tips, credit cards are expensive as they convert to dollars adding an 11% surcharge and then your card provider converts back to sterling at tourist rate and may charge you a handling fee.

Take enough suncream/aftersun etc as anything imported is very expensive.

Anything else just ask.

Jethro

uk
Level Contributor
952 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: iberostar daiquiri

Wow, thanks for all this info.

Me and hubby going in September and absolutely cannot wait. Stayed @ the Melia 2 years ago and hated it but loved Cayo Guillermo.

The Ib Daiuqi was been refurbed at the time so we had a wonder around and decided there and then that we would holiday there next time.

Could anyone recommend a good block / room to request please?

Thanx WooGuin

Kent, UK
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: iberostar daiquiri

I requested a high floor with adjoining rooms. we got connecting rooms on the top floor in the reception block. The rooms seem to be a little bit larger, yes they are tired, but the are clean and everthing worked, even had sink plugs as standard. All the rooms face the swimmimg pool and have a sea view. I know others request other blocks with sea views but its down to personnel choice.

Jethro

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: iberostar daiquiri

that was great information, thanks for taking the time to reply. Counting down now, 7 weeks and 6 days just hope we dont see any sharks whilst snorkelling over the reef.............

thanks

amanda

Kapuskasing, Ont...
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: iberostar daiquiri

I'd recommend either the Camaguey or Holguin buildings as they are very close to everything except the disco.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
270 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: iberostar daiquiri

Most of the rooms ARE NOT REFURB, I think only the ones above lobby!

8. Re: iberostar daiquiri

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 February 2010, 07:20
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo
Recent Conversations