We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

as title says ask away x

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

Hi,

Hope you had a fab time, going in August with 14 year old son for snorkelling (hopefully no sharks or big fish)!!! Can you tell me if it is a 2 pin adaptor that they use, and also do you need to dress up for supper, or is it casual. Is it right that you have to take beach towels as people are saying and did you have a great time!!!

Many thanks

amanda

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

hiya. we had an amazing time.

we took our own towels as i read about the beach towels on here. never bothered with theres as we were up first thing & out in the sun we didn't want to have to wait around. a couple we met said they got beach towels but they had a problem with them & only on the off chance they managed to get them. if you don't want to risk it take your own. every1 was using the hotels though.

i took an adaptor which had the usa plug on it & the european plug on it. we ended up using the european plug.

as for snorkelling its best around the melia pier, more fish but be careful we bumped into someone who nearly trod on a lion fish which wouldnt have been nice but that was around the pier. nothing to worry about on the beach directly infront of thr ID & our beach is nicer than the melias anyway they have some rocky gravel parts on the floor.

make sure you do the catermaran trip if you're there for the snorkelling as you get 2 stops to swim around the croal reef and also the speed boats after driving your own speed boat you stop off and snorkel through the mangroves you actually see more fish & a lobster on this trip. however the current is very strong but there is a rope to assist you but i struggled would do it again though.

hope you have an amaing time like we did x

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

sorry just read the bit about dressing up for supper.

no need to dress up. my boyfriend wore flip flops & shorts & t-shirts every night & i wore casual dressers flip flops etc.

i was actually relieved with the dress code there, it was nice & relaxed.

no tank tops for guys though & you can't wear bikinnis etc you need to cover up in the main buffet but its like that anywhere you go

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
90 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

That was all really helpful. Thank you so much. Glad its not dressing up, to much to pack and then iron etc. Do enough of that at home! Hopefully we will have a fab time.

Thanks again

amanda

Eccles nr...
7 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

hi ,

I travel to ID on 2nd july, and have heard that there is a 10 pin bowling alley in an adjacent hotel ? can you let me know which hotel it is and can you use it if you are in the ID

thanks

Georgetown, ON
Level Contributor
91 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

Hello there,

We will be there week of july 13. Keep reading how shallow the beach is, I really enjoy a good in the ocean. How shallow is the beach? Also, if we are to stay in the farthest block of rooms, how far can we expect to be from the pool, restaurants?

thanks for your input.

Georgetown, ON
Level Contributor
91 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

I meant, I really enjoy a good 'SWIM' in the ocean.

thanks

n-e england
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

hi

did you meet a goodlooking,sexy,sweet talking man, called the wagger lol

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

bigtom there is a bowling alley but not in a hotel. its just a bowlong alley with a bar & music i believe. you can go but you will obvs have to pay for drinks & i assume to bowl, we didnt go but we did see it. if you come out of the ID and hit the main road past the little security booth and follow the road it's on your right. it's between the ID and the meila. you'll see a white sign on the corner saying bowling alley. head down there. hope that helps.

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: just got back from the ID yest morning any qustions??

LSSE the beach is shallow but the futher you walk out the deeper it gets. not that deep but deep enough for a swim. it's not one of these beaches thats round your ankles for miles. when the tides out it does go out quite far. the tide changed a few times whilst we were there because there was a full moon. it would be out early morning & back in afternoon & it would be quite wavey then where as it was like a pond in the morning. if i'm honest there was some grass & i wouldn't go past that as i didn't like the idea of not knowing what was in it lol. so never went past that but it would be up to your waist to the grass which is deep enough for a swim. hope that helps x