We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

Montreal
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Topic
What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

I Can't decide between the TRYP cayo coco or the Iberostar Daiquiri can someone help?

Has anyone been to both hotels and can comment on the beach, rooms, food etc. Thanks

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

If you want more action, go to the Tryp Club. I.D. is Smaller, more personal, and relaxing. We have been to both,and would pick Iberostar. Just my preference>

Montreal
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

Thanks Deebob,

Can you give me some information about the beach at I.D. and also mosquitos, are they as bad as everyone says??

Thanks

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

HI IB has millions of mosquito's and nothing seemed to work! Had to stay at TRYP due to Hurricane and was alot better!

Beach at IB has ton's of sea weed! Not the case at TRYP. But hotel is better at IB but is in middle of nowhere where as TRYP has better beach and alot more to do in area! If we ever went back we would stay at TRYP x

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
138 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

Sorry IB meant to say IBD

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

My self ,I would go to The sol cayo guillermo , rather than the Tryp or I.D. The Beach is Pure white sand and not as busy as the Tryp's. A smaller more personal atmosphere. You Can truly feel like this hotel and surroundings,are all yours.

The Tryp is def more lively. (can be nuts during school breaks),but no real compaints. The I.D. has a great feel as well. Very nice vegetation through out the resort. Lester, at the main bar, is a Pro!

If you stay at the Melia, Sol, Tryp, you can get a day pass to all of the resorts in the Melia family. Eat, drink, and be merry.

I must say that you would not be able to visit the higher class hotels if you are at a lesser one. I hope this makes sense!

birmingham
Level Contributor
584 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

the rooms in the sol look more basic than the ID. From what i've seen not even a headboard :S i've not been but seen piccies. it looks more basic in my honest opinion only good thing is yes it does have a nicer part to the beach but you can walk to it in 10-15 mins & witness it for yourself, its all the same beach. beach at the ID does have sea grass but its not a problem. when the tide goes out its still stunning. loved the ID & wouldn't hesitate to go back there. As for the mozzies i think you'll find they are bad in any part of cuba or any hot country. i'm thinking of doing vardero next & read reviews on here about how bad they were there & thats main land saying that though my bf & i had no problems with the mozzies every1 was getting bitten here & there but us no we didn't even have rellpellant on & no one could believe it. so personally they weren't a problem to us lol

UK
Level Contributor
116 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

Stayed two weeks at both in the last year. No doubt for us; it's the Daiquiri. Tryp was good in many ways but the service in the restaurants was very dodgy. Also evening entertainment at the Daiquiri is much better. Have been to the Daiquiri 5 times now and intend going again this autumn

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

I agree with flyingbanana, as far as service and quality. The question is:

Do you want a more quiet and private holiday? or, Do you want a hotel that is more bustling and busy with activities?

I've seen younger people asking their rep to get them off this Island because they feel trapped. Personally, I'd love to be trapped there for the rest of my life.

Do your research! It's worth the effort.

Staffordshire
Level Contributor
39 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

Iberostar is my preferance

Wellow, United...
Level Contributor
2,830 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What would you recomend: TRYP or Iberostar Daiquiri????

Firstly may I say I have not been to the TRYP so can't make the comparison between them, however I can say that I have now been to the Daiquiri twice once last year and we have just returned back last week. The difference in one year has shocked me, it is not the same place as it was and sadly we will not return back. I just can't risk our main holiday for a possibility of things being better.

Overrall the morale of the staff is very low, this is very noricable. Constant argueing between staff and management in full view of thier holiday makers. The food was hit and miss, it was like hunt the plate / bowl / spoon etc for every meal, the recycling of food was far more obvious than last year also and the beer pump kept breaking down with waiters rushing around with luke warm jugs of beer, the coffee machine was the same, and at one stage they had even ran out of cups an saucers for the coffee so was giving you it in a plastic beaker. The tipping has also got out of hand with one member of staff even knocking on our friends door begging for 10 peso's, when they refused he came after me and asked me. Also the once hotel that would have prided itself on how clean it was now has far far lower standards, with tablecloths remanining dirty and not being changed, the public toilet areas well were littered with dirty toilet paper, many toilets had broken handles therefore could not flush them, and it looked like they were not getting regulary checked. Last year I was forever seeing cleaners in the rest rooms. Even our room looked like all that had been done was a quick sweep.

I really didn't think I would ever say this, but I will not return to the Daiquiri, I still love Cuba and its people but have returned completely gutted at how one hotel can change in such a short period of time.

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo