We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Never again' Latest review for MCG

Essex, England
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Topic
'Never again' Latest review for MCG

Have just read the 'Never again' review for MCG and am also getting married at MCG in October so am a bit worried as to what has been reported here.

All previous reports for weddings here have been wonderful, can anyone reassure me that all is going to be ok, am getting a bit worried to be honest!

montreal
Level Contributor
10,908 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Never again' Latest review for MCG

So if you want to be honest how about you keep the good ones and forget the bad one you were reading .

Look people are people whats good for some does not meen others have to like it so you even say yourself that all previous reports were great so why worrie about one person ...

Stoke-on-Trent...
Level Contributor
633 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Never again' Latest review for MCG

i wouldn't worry about one bad review, you cant please everone, and some people just like to moan for the sake of it.

chances are it will be just fine. all the good reviews cant be wrong.

Essex, England
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Never again' Latest review for MCG

Yes maybe i am getting worried over nothing and yes some people do moan for the sake of it, as you say only one person moaning and lots of praise from alot of other people.

I suppose when you have been planning a special occasion like a wedding for a very long time its a bit shocking when you read a bad review like that, obviously you want everything to be perfect.

I think i will just go with an open mind and will hopefully be pleasantly surprised!

n-e england
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 'Never again' Latest review for MCG

hi

ive seen loads of weddings, and spoke to many wedding guests and the couple who have just been married. never heard of the troubles this party has had, in our 10 visits to the melia. as we are re-peat guests and i know many,many repeat guests who go the same times as us have never had these problems. it make me feel if im visiting the same hotel, or sleeping in the same rooms, or eating in the same places, or getting the same service i get.

maybe you just get people who nit pick, i also know the flower arranger at the melia she does a top job, im not saying it did not happen, just im so suprised at the many things that did happen to these guests.

n-e england
Level Contributor
1,409 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 'Never again' Latest review for MCG

hi

also ive just looked at the questions this reviewer has asked on trip advisor forums before this review, nil makes you think !!!!!!

Essex, England
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: 'Never again' Latest review for MCG

Hi Waggerlad,

Thank you for your reassurance, i am sure our day will all go off lovely, like you say you have seen lots of weddings and they have all been pleased so i will take this review with a pinch of salt and look forward to our wedding.

scotland
Level Contributor
2,198 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 'Never again' Latest review for MCG

Hi

It sounds to me as though the reviewer needs to remove the stick from their rear end.

As wagger pointed out it looks as though the reviewer has done absolutely no research before travelling. I know that if it was me, and I was booking my wedding, then i would be looking for every piece of information possible!!

Go with the right attitude and I'm sure you'll have a fantastic time!

Good luck with the big day

Alexa x

Gloucestershire, UK
Level Contributor
609 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 'Never again' Latest review for MCG

With all reviews on anything the best policy is to take off all the best and worst ones and read the ones in the middle then you will get a fair idea.

uk
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 'Never again' Latest review for MCG

The good reports far outweigh the negative ones. I would take this as positive....im sure all will be fine

When is the wedding ? We fly out on 13th october for 2 weeks ?

There are 6 of us, the wife and myself with 16 year old daughter and 14 year old son and my mate and his wife....

thanks

wayne

Essex, England
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: 'Never again' Latest review for MCG

Hi Wayne,

We fly out on the 20th and the wedding is the 30th, i think you would have left by the time we get married!!

Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo