We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sol Coco Cayo/Sol Coco Guillermo??

manchester
Level Contributor
51 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sol Coco Cayo/Sol Coco Guillermo??

I just can't decide which hotel to go for, hoping to book for Christmas & New Year ( or should I go for one of the Melia hotels) - opinions welcomed please!

Lincolnshire
Level Contributor
177 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sol Coco Cayo/Sol Coco Guillermo??

The Melia hotels tend to be a hgher star rating than the sol and if you book a Melia hotel then you can use the facilities at the sol but not the other way.

Why dont you take a look at the Melia Cayo Guillermo? We visited Melia Cayo Coco while visiting MCG and the beach at Cayo Guillermo in my opinion is much nicer than at cayo coco

S
Destination Expert
for Cayo Guillermo
Level Contributor
7,472 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sol Coco Cayo/Sol Coco Guillermo??

Between the Sol Cayo Coco and Sol Cayo Guillermo, My vote goes to the SCG. Location is more remote and private. Rooms are more individual and spread out, rather than an apartment style hotel. Great access to the beach.

In April, are friends stayed the first week at Melia Cayo Coco, and joined us for the second week at Sol CG. The Food and overall service was slightly better at the Melia, but liked the feel of the smaller hotel.

3. Re: Sol Coco Cayo/Sol Coco Guillermo??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2010, 07:32
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Guillermo